Bring on the Sweetened Condensed Milk!
Today, I'm posting a review on share my experience with Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk. Eagle Brand contacted me to see if I would be interested in participating in a review for it and if so, they would send me some free product coupons. I was happy to oblige!
Being a dessert lover, I'm not a stranger to using sweetened condensed milk. I use it quite often actually.
I've used other brands of sweetened condensed milk, but Eagle Brand is what I grew up on and it's pretty much a staple in the household. It's always on the grocery list because I do use it so much.
So, it's summer! Yay! There's nothing more refreshing or tastier than smooth and creamy, frozen ice cream on hot summer days for so many reasons! 😀 Should I count the ways?
Let's just say howdy to one of my favorite kitchen hacks! Making no-churn homemade ice cream with 3 basic ingredients!
The recipe I'm using in this post is Fresh Fruit Ice Cream from Eagle Brand's website. It's light, fruity and fresh and perfect for snacking. IKR! <---- I'm a total snacker!
This heavenly recipe takes just 3 major ingredients folded into one another.
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk - I used Fat-Free, but there are other options! Yay, we love options! You can use caramel and chocolate, which I've used both here and here for an extra added kick of dreamy flavors or the good ole stand-by regular or low-fat sweetened condensed milk that I've used here here.
- Whipping Cream.
- Fresh Fruit. In this case, fresh raspberries!
- Vanilla or other add-ins - optional of course! (I did opt to add in vanilla and red food coloring.)
It is ready to devour in just a few hours and it's deliciously, OH EM GEE sin-worthy! Most homemade ice creams start with an egg custard base and in the process, it requires lots of attention to get it right.
So you save time, money (ice cream maker costs) and heart-ache making it the old-fashioned way. You can improvise and add whatever fruit flavors you want. Summer and fresh fruit are meant to be together!
Best part is you aren't sacrificing that home-made ice cream taste.
When you make this recipe, it's like performing a super-easy magic act and it doesn't require a lot of maintenance. Everyone will be ohh-ing and ahh-ing! --Especially you, if you are the ice cream maker!
And you get first dibs! 😀
It's soooo incredibly good!
Inquiring minds what to know? Have you made your own ice cream this summer or been thinking about it? If you haven't, may I suggest trying this method of no-churn ice cream using Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk? It's amazing! Get on board!
There are many other recipes over at Eagle Brand that you can try and they all look wonderful!
Fresh Fruit Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream whipped
- 1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used Fat-Free)
- Red Food coloring if desired.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries pureed or mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl; stir in 1 cup pureed fruit and food coloring, if desired.
- In another bowl, using a mixer on medium-high speed, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. (Do not use Cool Whip)
- Fold the whipped cream into the berry/sweetened condensed milk mixture to lighten it up.
- Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or a 2-quart freezer container; cover.
- Freeze 4-6 hours or until firm.