These Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies are irresistible for Valentine’s Day! These soft, thick and chewy Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are loaded with peanut butter and chocolate flavor and with a heart-shaped chocolate in the middle! Peanut Butter and chocolate each are great, but together they even better!
We took our viral “Phenomenal” Milk Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies and gave them a simple makeover just by adding a heart shaped chocolate candy in the middle of each cookie. We’re obsessed! Everyone adores peanut butter and chocolate! We made our cookies smaller though, to better fit the candy hearts in the middle by using a medium scoop or 1 & 12 tablespoons to 2 tablespoons worth. They are soooo cute!
COOKIE DOUGH TIPS:
These cookies are awesome as is, but further chilling of the dough before baking will prevent the cookies from spreading too much and rise a little taller, as with most cookie recipes. These cookies were not chilled in the photos, some were made with chocolate chips and some were not. To get the best cookie thickness, bake a few cookies and see if you like the result. If you want them thicker, chill 20 minutes or longer. Cookie dough will last a few days in the refrigerator if you don’t want to bake them right away. But if you want to keep them for longer than just a few days, I recommend freezing the dough balls. Just scoop them up with a cookie scoop and freeze them until solid, then transfer them to a ziplock bag to store in the freezer.
OTHER COOKIE OPTIONS:
- You could try chunky peanut butter instead of creamy peanut butter for extra nuttiness and crunchiness or you could even add in some chopped roasted peanuts, toffee bits or almonds!
- Try adding other candies on top like mini peanut butter cups, truffles, candy kisses or any type of candies that go with peanut butter and chocolate will also make them decadent and delish! Change out candies with holidays, like Easter with mini Easter eggs, and Halloween with peanut butter cups, etc!
- We love milk chocolate chips, but you can leave out the chocolate chips all together!
HOW LONG DO THESE COOKIES LAST?
Keep these cookies in an airtight container on your countertop, you do not need to refrigerate them. They will stay fresh up to a week.
More Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes!!
What pairing could be better for Valentine’s Day, Anniversaries, Mother’s or Father’s Day and Birthdays? Super yum!! Let’s Bake!
Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour measure the flour correctly, add 1 - 2 tablespoons extra for a little less fudgy.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chocolate chips
- 1 bag Chocolate heart candies
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or ungreased baking sheet.
- Using a mixer, mix the butter, sugars, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla together until combined.
- Add in the flour, soda, and salt in and mix until just combined. Make sure you measure flour correctly, or cookies will be dry & crumbly. (Fluff flour, spoon flour into cup and level off with a knife.)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Cookies will expand some, so leave a little room
- Cook for 10-14 minutes at 350.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool on baking sheet 2-3 minutes before placing on cooling rack. Add a chocolate heart by gently pressing into each of the cookies.
Recipe slightly modified from “Phenomenal” Milk Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies