Welcome Chocolate Chip M&M'S Pretzel Bars to satisfy my indulgent sweet and salty cravings! These are wonderful party treats for any kind of celebration! Enjoy, sweet, salty, crunchy and love all in one bite or five! Don't forget the chocolate! We've got you covered!
What I love best, is the crunch of the baked pretzels when I bite into that yummy chocolate chip cookie bar. Should I also mention, it's also studded with red and green M&M'S and festive sprinkles? Of course, I didn't stop there. I love chocolate covered pretzels!
So, I covered them and the bars with white chocolate drizzles, more sprinkles and dashes of sea salt, here and there, which is completely optional. You still get the sweet and salty vibe without the sea salt sprinkles. It's just a 'me' thing and I'm obsessed with sea salt!
These bars are like a fantastic explosion of sweet and salty. Totally, totally drool-worthy tasty bars for sure!
What brings you to the oven? Are you baking for a crowd of people? Because, this recipe is catered to sheet pan size, so you get lots bars, and you can also control the size.
BUT, you can also halve the recipe for 9x13 pan, if you want less but still enough to whatever you want them for, right?
For more bar recipes? Yes...I have some!
Chocolate Chip M&M'S Pretzel Bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour don't over measure.
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup Zulka Sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Holiday M&M'S or any kind of M&M'S
- ½ cup Sprinkles
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mini Pretzels to cover the top of bars
White Chocolate Drizzle
- ½ cup white chocolate
- Sea Salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 1 baking sheet pan with parchment paper or tinfoil and spray with non-stick spray.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars about 2 minutes and is smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt over the wet mixture and mix together until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips, sprinkles and M&M'S in and stir with a wooden spoon, just until incorporated. Dough will be very thick.
- Spread thick cookie dough out evenly by dropping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet and spread out with fingers or it helps to spray a rubber spatula with non-stick spray. Dough will spread out while baking, so you don't have to get the corners and edges perfect.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Makes 3-4 dozen bars depending how big you make them.
White Chocolate Drizzle
- Melt white chocolate in 20 second increments until melted. Add melted chocolate in pastry bag and ziplock bag with corner snipped with scissors and drizzle on top of bars. Add additional sprinkles and sea salt, optional.
I always like to reserve a small amount of the M&M's, chocolate chips and sprinkles before adding them to the cookie dough and randomly scatter them on top of the bars, before adding the pretzels. It shows more color on the top of the bars. Feel free to add more if you wish.