With brownies you can do no wrong, right?
Pack in creamy milk chocolate peanut butter cups into these home-made brownies and you get the most tempting, delectable OMG Peanut Butter Cup Brownies, ever! Thank you!
I was told...by taste-testers...these exact words, "These brownies are like the American Dream! It's what America was built on!"
In other words, you get pure Nirvana, pure joy, pure satisfaction, pure comfort, pure obsessive drooling with peanut butter and chocolate (everyone noticed, you can't hide it) and supposedly, now it's the 'New' American Dream. *Perfect*
Whoa!! Whaaa? Awesome!!? Yessss! OK! Cool!
So when we think about iconic American foods, it doesn’t get more classic than apple pie, the old-school American Dream, right? Move over please! I mean how long has peanut butter and chocolate been around anyways? *smh*
(My mind thinks like this...Kind of like "40 is the new 20", only my analogy goes something like this: "OMG Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are the new Apple Pie"...or something along those lines!) Would you agree?
People freaking love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate and these brownies pack a powerful chocolate and peanut butter fix that will satisfy beyond happy!
OMG Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are all about the Choceur peanut butter cups on the inside and on top, peanut butter chocolate drizzles on top and being all enrobed with delicious chocolatey, thick, fudgy brownies made with 4 kinds of Ghirardelli Chocolate.
Oh and you guys, I used a new vanilla extract in these brownies that enhanced the rich flavors even more by bringing those brownies to a higher level. If you're interested in what I used, check out this organic Singing Dog Vanilla Extract!
So, there you have it...the newest American Dream! I'd like to think so anyways! Enjoy!
Perfect sweet and salty indulgence for any ole' time.
Want more peanut butter cup love?
OMG Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- This recipe is for a 9x13 pan. Divide recipe in half for 8x8 or 9x9 pan of brownies.
- 3 sticks butter unsalted
- 4 ½ ounces unsweetened baking chocolate I used Ghirardelli, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups 60% Cacao bittersweet chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli
- 6 large eggs room temp
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract I used Singing Dog Vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour or a really good gluten free flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 - 12 oz miniature peanut butter cups I used ALDI's Choceur Peanut Butter Cups
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli
Peanut Butter Chocolate Drizzle
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup white baking chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli
- 1 - 12 oz miniature peanut butter cups, rough chopped I used ALDI's Choceur Peanut Butter Cups, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with heavy-duty foil and very lightly grease the foil with vegetable shortening, like crisco or line with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over your lowest setting, then add the unsweetened chocolate with the bittersweet chocolate chips stirring constantly with a small whisk until melted and smooth.
- Turn off heat and let set on burner.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs into the bowl and lightly whisk.
- In another bowl, add in the sugars and salt and whisk together, then add the eggs in and mix together until just incorporated.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate into the sugar/egg mixture, until just combined.
- Briefly whisk in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together and sift into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir with a silicone spatula and pour and spread out ⅔ of batter evenly into your prepared baking pan.
- Place (1 bag) of peanut butter cups evenly throughout the brownies by pushing down into brownies evenly. Spread out the rest of the brownie batter on top. (It's ok if some of the peanut butter cups show).
- Sprinkle milk chocolate chips on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake 35 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean and transfer pan to cooling rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Scatter roughly chopped peanut butter cups on top and place brownies in fridge to let brownies set.
- While brownies are cooling, prepare the peanut butter chocolate drizzle.
- Melt peanut butter and white chocolate together in microwave for a minute and whisk briskly to melt evenly. Place back in microwave 15 second increments, stirring each time, if further melting is needed.
- Place peanut butter chocolate in ziplock bag and snip corn and drizzle it back and forth across brownies.
- Once brownies are set, cut and enjoy! Best served at room temperature.
Brownie recipe from: Extreme Brownies @ Connie Weis