These Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies are soft, fudgy and so so delectably delicious with milk chocolate and peanut butter flavor. Each bite is savored with luscious peanut butter cups and peanut butter chips within delicious chocolate cookies, a total peanut butter and chocolate lover’s fantasy.
Cookies are definitely a wonderful treat for so many occasions.
Whether it’s just because you want a sweet indulgence for your own personal cookie addictions or you’re into impressing for the holidays and special events, cookies will always be the superstar of any show!
Especially these inviting gems! We can’t stop obsessing over them. Could you?
Of course, we love peanut butter and chocolate, so if you’re open to more peanut butter and chocolate cookie ideas, you’ll want to take a gander at these Soft Batch Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, these Peanut Butter Cup Explosion Cookies and these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These cookies can also be made vegan, for those who don’t want to use eggs or looking for an egg replacement. Applesauce works very well in these cookies for the replacement. We love having vegan options!
Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies - Vegan & GF Options
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg or 1/4 cup applesauce if vegan option
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour measured correctly (scoop and level method)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder measured correctly and clump free sift if needed (scoop and level method) I used Ghirardelli
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips Options: Press in tops of cookies before or after baked, use vegan chocolate chips if wanting vegan option
- 2 cups mini peanut butter cups, some chopped, some whole use vegan peanut butter cups, if wanting vegan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until light and creamy for 2 minutes.
- Add in sugar and continuing creaming for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add in egg, mixing until fully incorporated into batter.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into the mixture, add salt and beat together just until a chocolate dough forms.
- Then fold in the mini peanut butter cups, saving some for the tops of the cookies to press in.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, (1 & 1/2 tablespoons), scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet and press some peanut butter chips on top
- Leave room for the cookies to spread very slightly.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Cookies will continue baking.
- Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle. Remove from the oven and press a few more peanut butter chocolate chips and peanut butter cups on top if desired.
- Let cookies set on cookie tray for a couple of minutes before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely prior to storing.