This is such a great banana bread, in fact, you could call it 'perfect'. This Perfect Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread has just the right amount of banana, chocolate chips and walnuts.
It's not your norm, where you have chocolate chips and walnuts all through out the banana bread, just on top. (Pssst...but, you know, it's your creation, so add to your heart's content.)
I had the deliciousness of a bite of banana bread, then a bite with all those goodies on top. Perfect! Oh Em Gee! It's so moist, dense, and full of true banana flavor.
This recipe couldn't be easier and it smells absolutely divine! And it's very versatile, add less sugar, add more bananas or use wheat flour or use gluten-free flour. Use coconut oil, canola oil, or olive oil instead of butter. Throw in ¼ cup Greek yogurt, coconut or oatmeal for different textures.
The possibilities are endless!
Are you a Conversion Tip Junkie? You can go here and get conversion charts and tips! 😉
I think this Perfect Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread is so pretty. I think you'll love it too! Here's the recipe!
More Yummy Breads to Crave!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. (Add more chocolate chips and walnuts to batter, if you want more that what is going on top.)
- Pour batter into loaf pan and then add chocolate chips and nuts on top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the bread comes out clean.
- Slice and serve.