What I definitely love about this super easy recipe is and it's nacho related! Who doesn't love nachos? We made a tasty dessert out of them using Granny Smith apple slices and topped them with some gooey marshmallow cream and melted peanut butter. This is a tempting and dangerous fluffernutter (fluffer-marshmallow / nutter-peanut butter) combo that tastes amazing with apples and it's perfect for snacking fun!
This dessert is so quick to whip up! Slice up some fresh, tart and crunchy apples and place them on a platter. Drizzle with some dreamy marshmallow cream and peanut butter and dig in!
How to make marshmallow cream using marshmallows
If you don't have marshmallow cream, place 2 cups of mini marshmallows and microwave 30 seconds in a very large bowl, as marshmallows will expand. (Check them at the 15-second mark to make sure they are not bubbling over your bowl.) Add 1 tablespoon of corn syrup, maple syrup or honey and add to microwave for another 15 seconds or so. Use a whisk to whip it all together nicely smooth and gooey.
Wanna Go Fully Loaded Fluffernutter Apple Nachos?
For a fun twist, add your favorite chopped up Kit Kat, Milky Way, Peanut Butter Cups or Snicker's Bars or add some m&m's or Reese's pieces. Don't forget the roasted peanuts, raisins, chocolate chips or some fresh bananas. Drizzle with some of your favorite chocolate or caramel sauce! Use Nutella or Almond Butter for the Peanut Butter! Whatever floats your boat!
Such a quick and fast yummy snack and it includes fresh fruit!! You can go as heavy or light as you want on the toppings. Plus, the kids will love this after school or movie night!
Here's the recipe for Fluffernutter Apple Nachos!
Craving more Peanut Butter Marshmallowey Deliciousness?
Fluffernutter Apple Nachos
- 3-4 large Granny Smith apples sliced up
- 1 cup marshmallow cream add more if you wish
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy, add more if you wish
- optional add additional fun candies, fruits, nuts, etc Kit Kat, Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Milky Way, roasted peanuts, chocolate chips, chocolate drizzles, raisins, Reese's Pieces, M&M's, Pretzels, bananas, sprinkles etc.
- Assemble and arrange the sliced apples out on a plate.
- Heat the marshmallow creme in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and immediately stir and drizzle with a spoon over the apples. (The marshmallow creme will puff up in the microwave, just poke it and stir, it will be thick, but you don't want to overcook it)
- Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and drizzle over the apples.
- Top with whatever else you wish if you desire and dive in!
- I didn't have to put lemon on these Granny Smith apples, but most apples require it, to keep them from browning, and I put them in the fridge after eating some of them and the next morning they were really good right out the fridge.
- If you don't have marshmallow cream, place 2 cups of mini marshmallows and microwave 30 seconds in a very large bowl, as marshmallows will expand. (Check them at the 15-second mark to make sure they are not bubbling over your bowl.) Add 1 tablespoon of corn syrup, maple syrup or honey and add to microwave for another 15 seconds or so. Use a whisk to whip it all together nicely smooth and gooey.