Simply Irresistible! Fluffy, buttery, white cake muffins loaded with chunks of apples and layers of brown sugar and cinnamon swirled inside and on top.
What's not to like? Just wait! You should smell the cinnamon, apples and vanilla cake when it's baking.
O. M. G. Words cannot even come close to describe these amazing apple fritter muffins, but they are so heavenly.
If you want to bake this in the loaf pan, click here for this famous Apple Fritter Bread recipe. I love to bake! And if you love to bake and enjoy nibbling on wonderful, succulent muffins, you really need to make these! They won't disappoint, I promise.
You'll be drooling before it's even out of the oven...
Want to take your cinnamon up a notch?
Cinnamon and apples are essential and perfectly paired together when it comes to baking breads, cinnamon rolls, cakes and muffins! One of the cinnamons, I love to use is RawSpiceBar‘s freshly ground cinnamon. It’s sourced from Vietnam, naturally organic and best of all they grind it fresh each week and can ship in small batches. :).
You can buy nearly any freshly ground spices direct from their shop or sign up for a spice subscription & get super fresh spices & blends quarterly, with plenty of recipe inspiration! Go to RawSpiceBar for more information!
If you are an apple dessert fanatic, you might want to bookmark or pin these for later too!
Let's make some scrumptious Country Fritter Apple Muffins!!
Country Apple Fritter Muffins
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 apples any kind, peeled and chopped , mixed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- depending on thickness of glaze wanted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a muffin pan and spray with non-stick spray or use cupcake liners.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in vanilla extract.
- Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add into creamed butter mixture and stir until just blended.
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- In each muffin cup, fill each tin ½ full of the cake batter; add 1 tablespoon of the apple/sugar mixture on top. Add your brown sugar/cinnamon mixture that you prepared in the beginning and top each muffin again by sprinkling the brown/sugar/cinnamon mixture between the 12 muffins.Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over each of the apple layers and spread out with a butter knife, then top each muffin with remaining apples. Lightly pat apples into batter again.
- Option: Swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.(I did this with the Apple Fritter Bread on the blog, but not these muffins.)
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk or cream together until well mixed.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.