Bring on fall baking and bring on the Farmhouse Apple Walnut Loaf! Can't you just smell it? In case you were wondering, I'm talking about both! The fall baking AND the Farmhouse Apple Walnut Loaf!
Like Nike...Just do it! 🙂 Totally worth the tasting and baking is therapy to me! Puts me in my happy world.
With that said, I'm infatuated with making quick breads. Especially in the fall. Everyone I know loves to eat them, receive them, bake them and freeze them for later. They're great for bake sales, breakfast, snacking and even dessert.
I call this bread Farmhouse Apple Walnut Loaf because it's every bit home-made, made with fresh apples from the local market, adorned with rich buttery walnut chunks, infused with some fragrant cinnamon spice and baked to a heavenly golden brown and it is deliciously yummy. *Wahooo!*
It doesn't have a ton of sugar in it, ok!! 🙂 It has 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce, 1 cup of sugar, 2 cups of flour, ⅓ cup of olive oil, & 2 eggs as the base.
Variations: You could change the flour up for gluten free or whole wheat, or change up the olive oil for the coconut oil or canola oil or change up the 2 eggs for mashed bananas. Of course, the textures may vary some, but you can always look up substitutes here if you want to find other substitutes for your liking for this recipe and others.
If you want more more Quick Bread Tips, read my “Secret” Baking Confessions for Quick Breads!
Are you excited about Fall Baking?? Are you on the Apple or Cinnamon or Pumpkin Team?
More Delish Quick Bread Ideas!
- Starbuck's CopyCat Lemon Loaf
- Chocolate Banana Dream Cake Loaf with Chocolate Walnut Frosting
- Lemon Blueberry Explosion Loaf
- Country Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Loaf
- Starbuck's Gingerbread Loaf with Lemon Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- Mimi's Carrot Cake Oat Pecan Loaf
- You may want to snag the recipe of our amazing Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread! Definitely a fave!
Farmhouse Apple Walnut Loaf
- 1 cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup walnuts coarsely chopped, & extra for top of bread
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples peeled and chunked
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper to remove loaf cake easily when it’s cooled. (Or you can lightly grease and flour)
- Using mixer, beat applesauce oil and sugar for up to a minute, then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together and add into the wet mixture and mix together well, not overmixing.
- Add walnuts and apples mix together.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake 60-70 mins – use the toothpick test to make sure it’s cooked. (Cake needs to spring back on middle top, not be spongy or it won’t be done, so it might take an extra 5 mins, depending on oven temp)
- Remove loaf pan from oven and let cool.
- Enjoy!! Glaze with a vanilla glaze if you want! See my Apple Fritter Bread for that Glaze!