These Ultimate Reese’s Pieces Cookies are top-notch!
The sweetness of the white chocolate, butterscotch and Reese’s candies joined with the sea salt and buttery tones of the cookies provides a wonderful sweet and salty balance. It totally launches these cookies into another cookie dimension. They’re a little crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, so that combination definitely gives them the most perfect cookie texture you could ever imagine!
BTW…is there such a thing as Cookie Dimensions out there? I’d love to think so.
I took my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and changed the sugar measurements, adding more granulated sugar instead of brown sugar and I added 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder to add some girth.
I applaud cookies that have girth, a little substance, ya know?
I only put in a small amount of baking powder because I didn’t want them cake-like or puffy, so 1/4 teaspoon is the perfect amount to get that superb texture. These are super yummy and addicting.
For more cookie tips, check out my How – To! Baking Perfect Cookie Tips!
Ultimate Reese's Pieces Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour see notes below
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter see notes below, room temperature
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces Candies
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.. (To get best results, use parchment paper)
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars until smooth and mixed together well.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add Reese's Pieces, white chocolate and butterscotch chips and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated.
- Chill dough if dough is warm for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a small or large ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 6 to 8 per pan, depending on size you are making.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched,
- Small cookies bake 8-10 minutes
- Large cookies bake 10-13 minutes. Extra large cookies, 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 12 -30 cookies depending on size.
Flour Tips: Don't over-mix cookie batter especially after the flour is added and add it gradually.
Make sure your baking soda is not expired. Add more butterscotch, white chocolate chips and Reese's if you desire.