I'm finally back to baking! Yee-haww! We've been in the middle of a kitchen remodel and it's been the longest 3 weeks ever! I was going insane not being able to bake! UGH! Talk about torture!
Baking is kind of my sanctuary, happy place! So, without further ado, guess what I made first? I had a major craving for chocolate and peanut butter! So, I whipped up these easy Sheet Pan Perfect Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars first! Yum!!
They are a kick off of my yummy Sheet Pan Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! Have you tried them? Because if you haven't you really should!
Our house was in such disarray, we looked like we were living like hoarders during those 3 weeks!
Although, I must admit, I do collect chocolate. I guess I just don't want to run out! I have a large drawer filled with it, and that doesn't include all the sprinkles, cookies and should I even go on? Trust me, chocolate of all kinds.
The only other hoarding I really want to be associated with, is when I'm eating chocolate bars and Sheet Pan Perfect Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars in a closet somewhere! Is that so wrong?
Maybe there's a little of hoarding in all of us?
That's why, when you make these bars, make them for a purpose. Otherwise, you might stuff your face and hoard them all to yourself! 😀
They are perfect for a Halloween party, a family gathering, a bake sale or any kind of celebration! I think they look really cool for Halloween, though!
So moist and chewy, these delicious peanut butter cookie bars are filled with Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups and Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips and some Reese's Pieces for a splash of fall color. Woo-wee!
Great with a glass of milk too! Totally addicting and amazing!
If you love peanut butter cup inspired treats, you'll love these too!
Sheet Pan Perfect Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 ¼ cups peanut butter creamy
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup Zulka Sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 bag Reese's Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- ⅓ cup Reese's Pieces
- ½ cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 13x18 sheet pan with parchment paper, spraying the parchment with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, peanut butter and sugars about 2 minutes and is smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt into the wet mixture and mix together until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips in and stir with a wooden spoon, again no over-mixing, just until incorporated.
- Spread thick cookie dough out evenly. It helps to spray a rubber spatula with non-stick spray for spreading and dough will spread out so you don't have to get the corners and edges perfect on the ends. .Sprinkle the Reese's Cups onto the cookie dough and press into the dough lightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Add the Reese's Pieces and ½ cup milk chocolate chips to the top and put in oven for 2 minutes, do not overbake so you get yummy, chewy bars.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 3-4 dozen bars depending how big you cut them.