“Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s Party!’” You'll definitely be bringing in Spring with these Easter M&M Chocolate Chip Blondies!
These soft and chewy, fudgy blondie bars are loaded with pretty pastel colors of the M&M's and luscious white chocolate chips. So easy to make in less than 10 minutes, with no mixer required!
One of the things I love the most about this recipe is how versatile it is! You can use white chocolate, milk, dark, butterscotch, peanut butter or pastel colored chocolate chips for the chocolate chip options.
Considering adding some pastel sprinkles, some chopped nuts and as far as candies go, we used Pastel Milk Chocolate M&M's, but you can any colored M&M's, peanut M&M's or any of the flavors you love and even change them up for the holiday colors you're celebrating.
Of course, you can leave them all the goodies out, if you just want some damn good blondies without all the pretties and go old-school blondie bars with no chocolate, just blondie bars!! You're allowed, it's your 'blondie' party and you add whatever you want to!
Tips when it comes to blondies!
Under-bake them to successfully achieve that perfect moist, fudgy and chewy texture.
The key to perfect blondies, is not under-baking them too much or too little. When done, the edges of the blondies will be visibly baked through and turning golden-colored and the center will be set and not wiggly, when you shake the pan. The surface will feel soft when pressed but will not spring back.
You can also use the toothpick test by inserting the toothpick and checking it. It should produce a few stray crumbs stuck to the tester; but not a smooth smear of the raw batter, which would result in a raw blondie center. YIKES!
Keep in mind, the blondies will continue baking after you've pulled them from the oven, so you also don't want to overcook them. They will become hard and crumbly and if your tester comes out with no crumbs, because by then, you've overcooked them.
Don't you think that blondies are sort of the lazy way to make cookies? Of course! That's why we love making them over and over again, besides how rich and delicious they are!
The dough doesn't have to chill at all and they are super easy to make. Just spread the blondie dough into the pan, no rolling or scooping of dough balls, although I love to use the scoop for most cookies. I hate rolling them...it's an OCD thing, I think. I can't stand sticky hands, it freaks me out!
These blondies are the PERFECT Spring dessert for all your family gatherings or fun potlucks, BBQ’s, celebrations and buttery, indulgent chewy blondie treat addictions! Everyone will want seconds, so this 9x13 pan version is an excellent size for a larger crowd.
Bake in an 8x8 or 9x9 for thicker or thinner blondies for a smaller batch by cutting the recipe ingredients in half, by changing the servings to 8 or 9 in the recipe card. It will automatically convert the ingredients for you. 🙂 Adjust time for 8x8 thicker blondies by 5 minutes.
For more Brownies, Blondies and Bars!
Easter M&M Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups m&m candies chocolate chips or whatever mix-ins you like
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cooled, melted butter and sugar until mixed well.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour, cornstarch and salt just until mixed, with no flour showing through without overmixing.
- Fold in the m&m's chocolate chips/ mix-ins.
- Add batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 24-28 minutes, or until the top looks set and shiny. The edges will feel firm to the touch (not just set but actually kind of firm and crispy) and the surface will feel soft when pressed but will not spring back.
- Cool fully before slicing, if it's possible. Excellent served warm with scoop of ice cream and fudge topping!
- Light Brown Sugar Substitution - ¾ cup dark brown sugar + ¾ cup white sugar mixed together.
- Baking in a glass or ceramic pan - baking time could take 3-5 more minutes.
- Make Ahead Tips - Store blondies in an airtight container for up to 5 days. For freezing, make that they're fully cooled, then slice and freeze. Thaw in the fridge.
Quote: Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’ —Robin Williams (101 Nature Quotes)