These sweet, snazzy Butterfinger Caramel Cookie Bars are jam packed with bits of creamy Butterfinger Chocolate Bar, oozing Milky Way Caramels and topped with rich milk chocolate chips. Rich and delish!
Winter is still upon us...it's cold out there! Speaking of cold, I now have a runny nose, hacking cough and sore throat. UGH! I can still taste food though! That is a good thing, because I just whipped up some of these ooey gooey Snazzy Butterfinger Caramel Cookie Bars!
Anyways, all last week and this week I've also been taking care of my husband, because he was sick first and he already missed a full week of work. And you ladies know, guys just do not fare well when they are sick.
Plus, my husband hardly ever misses work or gets sick much After a couple of days of the whining, I'm ready to pull my hair out and hide away, with these bars in hand! 🙂
I always kid my husband and say "Why is it, when I'm sick, you don't take care of me?"
His answer, "Because you don't want me anywhere around and you want to be left alone." Yup, he's right!
But dang it, at least bring me a water every now and then or one of these Snazzy Butterfinger Caramel Cookie Bars, would ya? 🙂
You'll really enjoy these sweet, snazzy cookie bars am packed with bits of creamy Butterfinger Chocolate Bar, oozing Milky Way Caramels and topped with rich milk chocolate chips. I think some sea salt on top would be lovely too, because they are on the sweet side, so the salt really balances everything out! Here's the recipe!
Craving More Butterfinger Dreams?
- Butterfinger Truffles
- Peanut Butter Fudge Butterfinger Dream Pie
- Rice Krispie Butterfinger Treats
- Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cup Skulls Tombstone Treats
- Peanut Butter Butterfinger Snack Cake
Snazzy Butterfinger Caramel Cookie Bars
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick, at room temperature
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 4.4 oz Large Butterfinger Chocolate bar chopped
- 5 Mini Milky Way caramels or regular caramels, chopped
- Optional: ¼ cup milk chocolate or semi-sweet chips
- Optional: Sea salt preferred
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In medium-size bowl,cream butter with brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir until just blended.
- Fold in chopped Butterfinger bar, chopped Milky Way Caramel into mixture.
- Add mixture to baking pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in 350 oven for 17-25 minutes until set.
Thanks Teresa! 🙂
Love these, Kim. I'll take a dozen. 🙂