These sweet, snazzy cookie bars are jam packed with bits of creamy Butterfinger Chocolate Bar, oozing Milky Way Caramels and topped with rich milk chocolate chips. Rich and delish!
Winter is still upon us...it's cold out there! Speaking of cold, I now have a runny nose, hacking cough and sore throat. UGH! I can still taste food though! That is a good thing, because I just whipped up some of these Snazzy Butterfinger Caramel Cookie Bars yesterday to snack on whenever the mood strikes, which can be quite often. 🙂
However, that being said about being sick, I called in sick at work at my day job yesterday. Today, I'm back at work but I feel awful, sniffling, coughing and wheezing. I'm sure my co-workers are thinking "We don't want your funk, go home, sheesh!!!" Sorry co-workers!
Anyways, all last week and this week I've also been taking care of my husband, because he was sick first and he already missed a full week of work. And you ladies know, guys just do not fare well when they are sick. They whine, act like the biggest babies ever and it's enough to drive a person insane. Even though we are both in the house, he is texting or phoning, giving his next command what he needs, it just doesn't end. Do you know what I'm talking about? Can you relate?
My husband hardly ever misses work or gets sick much, so when he does get sick, I'm not a good nursemaid, and after a couple of days, I'm ready to pull my hair out and disappear. I could never be in the healthcare world. I just don't have the patience. Thank goodness there are awesome people out there that can do that special kind of work. You are indeed special!
Yesterday he was diagnosed with bronchitis and the doctor has ordered him to continue to stay home until he gets better. So, now the burning question for me is, can I get bronchitis too? I hope not! I always kid my husband and say "Why is it, when I'm sick, you don't take care of me?" His answer, "Because you don't want me anywhere around and you want to be left alone." Which is true...but dang it, at least bring me a water every now and then or one of these Snazzy Butterfinger Caramel Cookie Bars, would ya? 🙂
These sweet, snazzy cookie bars are jam packed with bits of creamy Butterfinger Chocolate Bar, oozing Milky Way Caramels and topped with rich milk chocolate chips. I think some sea salt on top would be lovely too, they are on the sweet side. And of course, they are delicious!
Here's the recipe! Stay healthy! 🙂
Snazzy Butterfinger Caramel Cookie Bars
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick, at room temperature
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 4.4 oz . Large Butterfinger Chocolate bar chopped
- 5 Mini Milky Way caramels or regular caramels, chopped
- Optional: ¼ cup milk chocolate or semi-sweet chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder
- and salt.
- In medium-size bowl,cream butter with brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir until just blended.
- Fold in chopped Butterfinger bar, chopped Milky Way Caramel into mixture.
- Add mixture to baking pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in 350 oven for 17-25 minutes until set.