Mint + Chocolate = Bliss!!
Soft Batch Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies are in the house people! You and Santa’s going to love these, that is if you can keep them in the house that long! 😉
These delectable, chocolate fudgy cookies are loaded with milk chocolate chips and mini mint chips! They are the perfect compliment to rich chocolate colliding with mint luv in soft batch glorious cookies.
My daughter, Amber is the mint and chocolate girl guru in our family! I’ve talked about her obsession about chocolate and mint before. One of her favorites is mint chocolate chip ice cream, so I knew she would love these cookies for sure.
They are screaming yum for the “HOLIDAYS”!!
The cookie texture is so soft, fudgy and rich because it’s made with dark cocoa powder. Surprisingly, there are noo eggs included in this recipe, so it’s vegan if you choose to use non-dairy chocolate chips.
I got these speckled mini mint chips at a market here in my little town with one 4 way stop, called “Neighbors Country Market” and I’ve also gotten them at Nuts.com.
If you don’t have mint chips, but you still want the flavor of mint, just use a little mint extract. Remember, extract goes a long way, so you want to maybe shoot for 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon. If you add too much, you may overpower them with too much mint.
These cookies, SERIOUSLY, these would look great on your tray of cookies to pass around, a cookie exchange or as gifts to your friends or co-workers. These definitely are Christmas Cookies! Give me a tall glass of milk please! 🙂
Crushin’ on Mint and Chocolate? You might like these!
Soft Batch Chocolate Mint Cookies!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick, room temp
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg or 1/4 cup applesauce if vegan option
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini mint chips more for decorative
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips use some for decoratives on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa well, and set aside.
- Cream butter for 2 mins, then add in both sugars and continue mixing until well combined, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Add in egg, mixing until fully incorporated into batter.
- Add in the vanilla and beat until smooth and incorporated.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat together just until a chocolate dough forms.
- Fold or stir in the mint chips and milk / dark chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough onto baking sheet and press more mint and chocolate chips on top for more decorative touch. Bake 8-10 minutes. 8 minutes for gooier. If making larger cookies, baker a few minutes more.
- Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle. Remove from the oven.
- After they have cooled, transfer and store cookies in an air-tight container, they will stay fresh for a couple of days. Super fudgy chocolate mint cookies!