Dig into these Awesome Butterscotch Blondies for the best decadent blondies bursting with butterscotch flavor!
These babies have all the blondie requirements you'll ever want in a butterscotch blondie! They are 'seriously' out of this world delectable. Soft, chewy, super-moist, thick blondies with butterscotch morsels in each bite!
Make in an 8x8 pan for thick blondies. For thinner blondies, go for a 9x9 pan.
I like the thicker, larger blondies, where I get 9 servings to my 8x8 pan, but you could do 12 or 16 easily for party trays or gift boxes or just because you want mini blondies. 🙂
The balance of richness with the butter and brown sugar is very complimentary in these bars. Just sweet and rich enough, which when it comes to butterscotch and blondies together, (because more than often) many times they can turn out overly sweet and too rich tasting.
Do you feel me? Well you can trust me. These are totally drool-worthy and dreamy tasting!
Double the recipe for 9x13 pan when you need extra servings!
Bringing more Butterscotch ideas to you!
Check out these Oatmeal Butterscotch & Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Ultimate Hazelnut Truffle Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies, Butterscotch Toffee Chocolate Cake, Awesome Scotcheroo Puppy Chow Bars, Boo-tterscotch M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake and this Marvelous Butterscotch Pie!
Awesome Butterscotch Blondies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted can still be a little warm, but not hot
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Using an 8x8 pan for thicker, 9x9 for thinner, line pan with parchment paper for easy removal and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar well.
- Add egg, mixing in one at a time until combined.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and whisk together until combined.
- Add butterscotch chips and mix in.
- Transfer blondie batter to prepared pan and spread out evenly using back of spoon.
- Add some extra butterscotch chips if you wish.
- Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let blondies set and firm up. Once blondies are set, cut and serve.