These Patriotic M&M Party Cookie Bars only need you and your mouth. There's a celebration in itself! You won't be able to wait to bite into these thick and chewy cookie bars loaded with fun, festive red, white and blue peanut butter M&M's & milk chocolate chips!
Love easy and home-baked desserts like these for holidays like the 4th of July, Memorial Day and anything celebrating patriotic events. Everyone always goes crazy for them, no matter when you serve them.
You can even switch out the candies with other colors / themes, because the cookie dough base is excellent for different variations of chocolate chips, chunks, nuts, toffee bits, candy bar chunks, candies, cookie bits, sprinkles.
Bars are one of my favorite desserts to make. There's just something about them that have my undivided attention. 🙂 I know there are millions of people just like me out there that love cookie bars!
Some of the most popular bars on TBC are these Home-made Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars, Best of Both World Brookie Bars = Cookie Brownie Bars, and these Sheet Pan Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
I love that these take only a few ingredients to make and they are simple to make for anyone that loves to bake or just needs a really good cookie bar recipe that they can modify seasonal add-ins for any holiday celebrations, parties or potlucks.
Oh about the Red, White and Blue M&M's? There is milk chocolate flavor too, besides the peanut butter. They are jumbo sized and so good! Enjoy!!
Patriotic M&M Party Cookie Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips plus more for tops if desired
- ½ cup M&M’s plus more for tops if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or foil. Leave an overhang for easy removal. Then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a mixer, in a large bowl, cream room-temperature butter and sugars together. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix together until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir mixture just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Scoop dough into pan and spread out using a spoon or spatula.
- Add extra chocolate chips and M&M's on top if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and the center isn't jiggly, not overbaking cooking bars.
- Allow to cool completely, then remove from pan and cut into bars.
- Can also bake recipe in 9x9, reduce baking time to 22-28 minutes.
- Double recipe for 9x13 pan size for larger crowds.