These ‘Easy & Epic’ Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies will be your new favorite brownies and might be for life! Rich and fudgy brownies with a thick delicious creamy layer of peanut butter filling wedged smack dab in the middle. Yea…we went there…can ya blame us?
And if that wasn’t enough, add a smooth layer of melted chocolate & peanut and peanut butter on top and wait for the ‘everything’s puppy dogs and rainbows’ fantasy to happen. 🐶🌈🐶 Pure happiness!
Epic & Easy ‘Staple’ Brownies with ingredients from your pantry!
Not only are these epic brownies awesomely outrageous and fantastic looking, ironically and thankfully, they are not complicated to make! Yay, right?
They look like bakery brownies and being that they are made from scratch, you’ll be please to know these are a ‘staple’ kind of brownie.
What I mean by ‘staple’ kind of brownie is, you most likely have everything already in your pantry! Cocoa powder, flour, sugar, butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt, chocolate chips, eggs and vanilla. That’s it. Hopefully you do!
These are definitely crowd-pleasing brownies perfect for parties, picnics, celebrations, Christmas Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, potlucks, tailgating and of course, for all the brownie lovers, especially if you love some peanut butter with your chocolate!
Since we’ve been social distancing now we’re trapped with these insanely decadent brownies…
Ummm….Maybe it’s good to know these brownies may also be frozen for up to 3 months, because we would eat them all ASAP! Just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies (Easy & Epic!)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour like Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder like Ghirardelli's
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING Or 12 full-size peanut butter cups unwrapped
- 3 Tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting Layer
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving some overhang for easy removal. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- Mix butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar together until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and granulated sugar until well combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
BOTTOM BROWNIE LAYER
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- Place spoonfuls of the peanut butter filling on top of the brownie batter, then spread out using back of spoon or offset spatula.
TOP BROWNIE LAYER
- Add the remaining brownie batter on top by the spoonfuls and spread into one even layer, covering the peanut butter layer.
- Bake 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until the tops of the brownies look set. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting Layer
- Once the brownies are cooled, melt chocolate chips in microwave for 40 seconds, stir. Microwave an additional 40 seconds and stir. Add in peanut butter and continue stirring until chocolate is completed melted. Pour on top of brownies and spread with back of spoon or offset spatula. Let chocolate set at room temperature and slice into 16 squares for your peanut butter brownie indulgence!
- Store brownies in an airtight container @ room temperature for up to four days. Brownies may also be frozen for up to 3 months, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
- Peanut butter cups can be used instead of the peanut butter layer if desired.