I. needed. brownies. That's when these OMG! Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies happened.
I've been doing a lot of springy recipes, trying to revive spring along and spring doesn't seem to want to deliver. Not yet anyways. Mother Nature seems to be holding a grudge and keeping it a bit nippy around here!
So, I was thinking...HEYYY!!!!
Maybe we need to go a complete different direction around here. I think Mama Nature wants some chocolate?
Well I can tell you one thing...
This mom, here, is just fine with that!
OMG! Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies is complete chocolate - satisfaction - yumminess for the soul and ya know why else I love these?
Made in a 9x13 pan, that is a lot of servings, which is perfect for so many occasions, but mostly, it's perfect when you want to entertain or take a dessert to a function that you want everyone to love and rave about!
OMG! Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies are perfect for just that! They make everyone happy. Celebrate with your favorite sprinkles and dive in and these were also featured on 35 Luscious Cream Cheese Desserts! Check them all out! YUM!!
I leave you with these cute brownie quotes that I find completely and utterly true.
What's the point of having a book club if you don't get to eat brownies and drink wine? — Jami Attenberg
Anyone who tries to make brownies without butter should be arrested. — Ina Garten
You would be amazed by what you can give up, lose, or break, and yet still be a person who gets happy over brownies.—Augusten Burroughs
I've learned that you know husband still loves you when there are two brownies left and he takes the smaller one. — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
More Brownie ideas?
OMG! Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies
- 1-⅓ cups butter softened
- 2-⅔ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs room temp, if possible
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese very softened
- ¼ C unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ C unsweetened cocoa powder sifted, I used Ghirardelli
- 4 C powdered sugar
- ¼ C heavy cream
- Preheat oven at at 350° and grease a 9x13 baking pan, set aside. In a large bowl, using mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt, then gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix together.Spread into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is dry and the center is set. Cool completely.Yield: 2-½ dozen.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, using mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla, then add the sifted cocoa powder and mix until fully incorporated. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until fully combined.Slowly drizzle in heavy cream. Mix until mixed well. Frost brownies, then top off with chocolate sprinkles.
Just in case you want more cream cheese dessert ideas, don't miss out on all these 35 Luscious Cream Cheese Desserts!