This Supreme Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Loaf is so decadent and rich. It's like a devil's food cake and the luscious texture is gorgeous, like a light pound cake. The intense dark chocolate flavor comes through the most, even though there are bananas and peanut butter in the batter! So yummy for breakfast or on the go!
I added in lots of rich chocolate and peanut butter flavors which make it so 'SUPREME'-LY GOOD! Are ya with me here?
So, again, like every winter, I'm so over this winter! Just shut me out of this cruel, ugly winter of gray skies of gloom and give me some sunshine, please! We are in a winter storm warning...ugh!
Since it's not possible to get the real deal of sunshine where I live at this moment in time, I came up with something to make me smile and comfort me in my sorrows and woes. This Supreme Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Loaf!!
This is the most ultimate Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Bread Loaf ever! Give it a try!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Love? I've got some more!
Add some tantalizing peanut butter and Hershey's chocolate glaze on top and you've got some killer snackin' banana bread!
Want some of this action? Here's the recipe!
Supreme Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Loaf!
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Loaf
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ⅓ cup peanut butter slightly melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 mashed bananas
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk or milk
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Glaze - Hershey's Spread or Nutella melted
- ⅓ cup Peanut Butter Glaze - melted
- Optional: Mini Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with tin foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using mixer, mix together the sugars, mashed bananas, slightly melted peanut butter, olive oil, milk and eggs.
- Stir in cocoa, baking powder & soda and salt into the wet mixture until combined.
- Start adding in the flour gradually, using mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Once the loaf has cooled slightly, top with peanut butter and chocolate by melting each in separate microwave-safe bowls for 30 seconds, then stir until creamy and runny.
- Heat for an additional 15 seconds if needed. Drizzle each over loaf. (Use pastry bag or ziplog bag with small hole cut out of corner if you want to drizzle smaller lines. I found the Nutella wasn't as runny as the peanut butter, so I did use the bag method for drizzling.)
- Add mini chocolate and peanut butter chips and serve warm, room temp or refrigerated.
- Or you can serve the chocolate and peanut butter glazes when serving cake slices individually.
- 🙂 Enjoy!