I’m so over this winter! Just shut me out of this cruel, ugly winter of gray skies of gloom and give me some sunshine, please! We are in a winter storm warning…ugh!
Sunshine?? Hmmm…since it’s not possible to get the real deal where I live, I came up with something to make me smile and comfort me in my sorrows and woes. Supreme Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Loaf!!
I added in lots of rich chocolate and peanut butter flavors which make it so ‘SUPREME’-LY GOOD! Are ya with me here?
I have made a lot of different chocolate breads experimenting here and there over the last few months. Some were super dense, dry or just so-so. I wanted moist and gorgeous!!
This is the ultimate Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Bread Loaf in decadence!
It’s rich, like a devil’s food cake and the texture is like a light pound cake, not weighed down. The intense dark chocolate flavor comes through the most, even though there are bananas and peanut butter in the batter!
Add some tantalizing peanut butter and Hershey’s chocolate glaze on top and you’ve got some killer snackin’ banana bread! That’s a 10-4 Rubber Ducky!
Want some of this action? Here’s the recipe!
Supreme Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Loaf!
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Loaf
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup peanut butter slightly melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk or milk
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Glaze - Hershey's Spread or Nutella melted
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter Glaze - melted
- Optional: Mini Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with tin foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using mixer, mix together the sugars, mashed bananas, slightly melted peanut butter, olive oil, milk and eggs.
- Stir in cocoa, baking powder & soda and salt into the wet mixture until combined.
- Start adding in the flour gradually, using mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Once the loaf has cooled slightly, top with peanut butter and chocolate by melting each in separate microwave-safe bowls for 30 seconds, then stir until creamy and runny.
- Heat for an additional 15 seconds if needed. Drizzle each over loaf. (Use pastry bag or ziplog bag with small hole cut out of corner if you want to drizzle smaller lines. I found the Nutella wasn't as runny as the peanut butter, so I did use the bag method for drizzling.)
- Add mini chocolate and peanut butter chips and serve warm, room temp or refrigerated.
- Or you can serve the chocolate and peanut butter glazes when serving cake slices individually.
- 🙂 Enjoy!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Love? I’ve got some more!