Have you been CRAVING a healthy breakfast cookie hyped with some fruit that tastes ‘naturally’ amazing? It has to satisfy that sweet tooth, yet still be healthy and tasty. Look no further, Healthy Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies are here!
The elements of this cookie is a breakdown of oatmeal, strawberries, banana, honey, almond butter, vanilla and… ummm…dark chocolate chips…oh my! BTW…These “COOKIES” have no flour, sugar, butter, oil or eggs! Can be made vegan and gluten free too!
I found this recipe at “A Sweet Baker” and knew right away I wanted to add this recipe to my blog. Don’t they look so amazing!? I just tweaked it just a tad, and because strawberries are in season, these cookies fit right into my master plan of healthy goodness!
Love Oats? Here’s some oat yummies!
Love it when a plan comes together, don’t you? These are soo good! Healthy Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies are a real yummy, healthy treat!
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 large banana see notes, mashed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey maple syrup for vegan option
- 3 tablespoons almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- *2 cups rolled oats or quick-cook oats read notes, use Gluten-free oats for GF
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips also good with peanut butter, milk chocolate or white chocolate chips, use Vegan chips for vegan option
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or Vegan chips for vegan option
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine a smashed banana, oats, honey, almond butter and vanilla, until well blended.
- Add the diced strawberries into the batter and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by the spoonful or use a large ice cream/cookie scoop and place cookies on the baking sheet, and flatten a little with the palm of your hand or fork.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cookies turn light golden brown and let sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a baking rack.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Drizzle
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter for 45 seconds and stir. Drizzle on top of cookies if you want more chocolate and sweet flavor!
You can also add in coconut, slivered almonds, dried fruits, applesauce or other variations that you love!
Deciding on which oat to use? Here's some help. (I prefer the rolled, which I used in this recipe)
Rolled Oats: Thickest rolled oat, which retains its shape fairly well during cooking.
Quick-cook Oats: Thinner than rolled oats. Cook more quickly, but retain less of their texture.