These Hearty Pumpkin Chai Spiced Oatmeal Cookies are wonderful and hit the mark, especially if you crave super-moist thick and chewy, hearty oatmeal cookies, baked with home-made pumpkin chai spices, pumpkin puree, oatmeal, molasses, coffee extract, semi-sweet chocolate chips and tart cranberries, then look no further. Healthy too! Because everything with oatmeal is healthy, right? 😀
Except, being that they are healthy-ish, I’m not staying out of them like I planned. (neither will you…just warning you!)
It was all just so innocent when I was in the planning stages of creating this recipe. I would eat these instead of eating the usual brownies , cookies or cheesecake for a change. These are what I would call, very hearty breakfast cookies! They are 1/4 cup cookie dough per cookie!
Except, my plan foiled because as the day started, it turned into eating just a cookie or two for breakfast, then one after lunch. then one after dinner and then one or two-ish before bed. And then the next day begins, it was like the groundhog day movie, starting all over again.
My favorite part is tasting the tart cranberries with all the sweetness of the chocolate and pumpkin. It’s like heaven!
Good God Gertie!
Let’s just face it. I’m a cookie addict. If there’s a cookie in the house, don’t worry, (or maybe you should!) I’ll find it and devour it, healthy or not. It doesn’t stand a chance. Hearty Pumpkin Chai Spiced Oatmeal Cookies are so good, I couldn’t stop myself to stay out of these!
This post uses amazon links for products I love, if you choose to buy, it’s no additional charge to you.
In fact, for other variations, if you want to leave out the chocolate chips, or add in your favorite chip flavor to make your personal taste to your liking! Add in raisins or your favorite dried fruits and nuts too!
For other oatmeal cookie choices, these Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, BFF Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies and these Healthy Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies are all great recipes for the holidays or my favorite time, ‘just because’!! Check them out!
Hearty Pumpkin Chai Spiced Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups quick oats or old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Chai Spice Mix
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen Massey Coffee extract Vanilla can be substituted
- 1 ¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin chai spices together and whisk, set aside.
- Using mixer, cream the butter, and sugars together, then add in the vanilla, pumpkin puree, molasses and mix well.
- Add in the dry flour/oat mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cranberries and set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place parchment paper onto large baking sheet or two.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop, put 6 cookies on each baking sheet and bake 15 - 16 minutes.
- Transfer cookies from oven when done and let set for 5 minutes before transferring to baking rack.
Using old-fashioned rolled oats will make them more chewier, I used quick oats, which makes them not as chewy as the rolled oats would be, but either one used would be delightful.