These Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins are so freakin', incredibly moist and delicious, they literally melt in your MOUTH!
Might as well tell you upfront, the inhaling of Pumpkin Donut Muffins will not stop at just one. They are amazing!! The donut muffins themselves, consist of 2 major ingredients ----> Yellow cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin. How easy is that? As an option, I added in some pumpkin spice and cinnamon to give it a little extra zing.
The Chocolate Ganache layer really take these donut muffins up a notch, if you desire that rich, lovely pumpkin-chocolate combination. Ummm.... yea?! Or you can dip them in your favorite frosting. Place a tub of frosting in the microwave for 15 seconds and dip your muffin tops right in.
My family absolutely loves pumpkin and chocolate chip cookies. (Which I will be posting sometime in the near future.) So, why not use the combination on these pumpkin donut muffins too? *Down with that!* 🙂 Plain or glazed, either option is a thumbs up!
So are you ready for Pumpkin Everything?
Here's some more pumpkin ideas then! Best Pumpkin Pecan Coffee Cake, Awesome Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies and Pumpkin Walnut Bread are sure to get you in the mood.
These are perfect for snacking or breakfast! Here's the recipe! Enjoy!
Easy 2 Ingredient Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins
Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 – 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- Optional: 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice &1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray the mini muffin pan with non stick spray.
- Mix the dry yellow cake mix, can of pumpkin and spices together in a large bowl. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the mini muffin wells, about ⅔ of the way filled.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- In a medium bowl, put heavy cream and butter in microwave on high until boiling. (2 - 3 minutes) Take cream mixture out of microwave and add chocolate chips and let sit for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes are up, stir the ganache until it looks perfectly smooth and free of specks of chocolate.
- Dip pumpkin donut muffin tops in ganache and place on foil or baking sheet .
- The ganache will firm as it sits and even more if it is chilled for a bit in the fridge.
- Eat immediately. Any kind of frosting can be used to frost your donuts. Just place frosting in microwave for 15 seconds and dip your tops in! 😀
- You can also store the mini donuts in an airtight container for up to 3 days.