Who wants some Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots? Me, Me, Me!! Most of us know a Tequila Sunrise is a classic tequila drink with orange juice, grenadine and maraschino cherries that rises from the bottom and simulates a sunrise. So pretty, right??!!! Well...This jello shot is a REVERSE tequila sunrise, so it's flip-flopped, but still has the same principle! YUM! Party Time!!
Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots Are Fun!!
Pretty cool, huh? Fruity and fun!! Being this is Labor Day weekend, the term "flip-flop" reminds me of relaxing, being on the beach, flip-flops and slurping on these fun and tasty alcoholic jello shots. Winning!
Of course, I put these in shot glasses, but for parties, you should put these in actual jello shot plastic cups. They come complete with lids and they will look amazing for all your summer party fun!! Definitely perfect for poolside, luau or birthday parties!
So, celebrate and make these festive looking Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots for your family and friends this holiday weekend! *Cheers!* Have a fun and safe weekend party peeps!!
More Jello Shots? OF Course!!
- 10 Halloween Party Desserts & Jello Shots!
- Strawberry Lime Margarita Jello Shots
- Luscious Lime Cake Vodka Jello Shots
- Pinnacle Orange Creamsicle Jell-O Shots
- BOO-Berry Jell-O Shots!
"Flip Flop" Tequila Sunrise Jell-O Shots
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small package Orange Jell-O 3 oz.
- 1 cup Tequila
- 1 cup boiling water I added ½ cherry juice, ½ water for this layer
- 1 small package of Cherry Jell-O 3 oz.
- 1 cup Tequila
- Maraschino Cherries for tops of shots
- Place shot glasses on baking sheets and spray with non-stick spray.
- Boil water for Orange Layer. Dissolve Orange Jell-O into boiled water. Add tequila and stir.
- Fill jell-o mix into each shot cup up to ⅔rds full. Chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat the Jell-O making process by mixing the second layer of Cherry Jell-O, tequila and boiling water/cherry mixture.
- Pull out the set cups from the refrigerator. Pour the second layer into the cups. Place back in the refrigerator and let set, just enough to hold the next layer for 15 minutes and place the cherry on top of Cherry Jell-O layer by pressing down lightly and put back in fridge.
- After the last layer has been poured, let the final product set for at least one hour before serving.
Makes 22 - 24 Jello Shots