If you love intense chocolate & nutty flavors, you’ll literally go nuts over these awesome Fudgy Macadamia Mocha Brownies! These rich and fudgy mocha brownies have a subtle hint of coffee flavor, roasted macadamia nuts, chocolate chips and a little sea salt! Top-level brownies minus all the calories of sugar.
My version of healthier fudgy, intense chocolatey ‘Brownies’ with a few add-ins!!
Move over all you sugars, there’s a new kid in town. Inspired by the Keystone Pantry Allulose Blogger Recipe Challenge, I decided to whip up my all-time favorite dessert, BROWNIES. We madee them sugar-free!
I had never heard of Allulose until this challenge, so let me enlighten you!
It’s found naturally in dried fruits like jackfruit, figs and raisins. It's found in small quantities which makes it difficult to extract from its original source.
It's Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Kosher Pareve, Diabetic-Friendly, Sugar Alcohol Free, Supports Weight Loss and is Vegan friendly.
It has the same chemical formula as fructose. It will not raise blood sugar or insulin levels, because it isn't metabolized by the body.
The taste and texture is remarkably similar to sugar, while providing minimal calories. 1- calorie per teaspoon. Regular sugar is 16 calories per teaspoon.
It doesn’t have the sour or bitter aftertaste like most non-sugar sweeteners. However, it isn't as sweet as actual sugar, so you have to use more. For instance, this recipe for regular sugar would be 1 cup, so I used 1 & ½ cups of Allulose.
It bakes well and it has the same bulk and browning characteristics as white sugar. It will brown faster than sugar so it may require a slightly lower cooking temperature.
Allulose is still a pretty new entry to the food scene, and while it may be difficult to find at your local market, you can definitely find it online.
For more sugar conscience dessert recipes
Fudgy Macadamia Mocha Brownies
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups Keystone Pantry Allulose
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coffee vanilla or chocolate extract
- 2 tablespoons cold brew coffee or cold coffee
- ½ cup roasted macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- Optional: Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Remove pan from heat and whisk in the unsweetened cocoa and set aside. Mixture will be thick.
- In another bowl, whisk together the Keystone Pantry Allulose, flour and salt.
- Once the cocoa and butter have cooled down, whisk in the eggs one at a time and add in your extract of choice and 2 tablespoons cold coffee brew or cold coffee.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend together until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour the batter into your pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes and remove from oven.
- Optional: Add sea salt
- Allow the brownies to continue cooking a bit prior to cutting into squares.
- Brownies are wonderful days after!