I gotta hand it to these GF Healthy Birthday Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars. They really came through for me HUGE on the satisfaction deliciousness scale.
I did get to taste one…(sad face)
Super soft, moist, thick peanut butter bars bursting with semi-sweet chocolate chips and sprinkles came to the party ya’ll! Woot Woot!
What ‘party’ you say?
Well, it is my daughter’s birthday, “Happy Birthday Amber!” and these were made with love (and delivered) in her honor.
So that is why I only got one. She is after all, the Birthday Girl and I’m just the taste-tester, so I get one bar and she gets the rest.
She likes it when I make gluten-free desserts, so it sort of makes sense to make her a celebratory gluten-free dessert.
I was thinking about baking her a cake, because that’s so traditional, but I didn’t have a lot of time and these irresistible bars are super easy to make and they turned out beautifully, so it worked out in both of our best interests in the end.
And now they’ve left the house. Amber and the GF Healthy Birthday Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars. I.can’t.stop.thinking.about.those.bars.ugh.
Seriously, as I said, these are so super easy, you don’t even need a mixer.
What’s in these bars that make them so delish?
I used melted butter, but you can substitute coconut oil, walnut oil, or whatever oil you love using and I used granulated sugar because it’s always on hand and I like the way it tastes, but coconut sugar can also be used as well.
Chocolate chips? I used mini and regular sized semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you could use chocolate chunks, nuts, candy bar chunks, peanut butter chips, it’s endless.
And of course, sprinkles. Gotta have the sprinkles!
GF Healthy Birthday Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar coconut sugar can be used
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or favorite nut butter
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled (can also use cooled ¼ cup coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla extract or vanilla extract I like Nielsen-Massey
- 1 ½ cups packed fine almond flour I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup coconut flour not packed (I used Purely Amazing Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used mini and regular Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles for the top Could use your favorite nuts or sea salt for other options
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, peanut butter, melted butter and extract until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt well then add to the wet ingredients and mix to cookie dough consistency, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 18-25 minutes until edges are just slightly golden. We want to slightly underbake these so they stay gooey.
- Once done baking, immediately sprinkle with with colored sprinkles
- Remove bars from pan after 15 minutes and cut into bars. You get 12 to 16 bars for the Birthday Girl or Boy!!
- Aso Delicious with a scoop of peanut butter cup ice cream for a yummy sundae.