Rich, soft and chewy, fudgy Triple Chocolate Mocha Peppermint Crunch Cookies for the Christmas Holidays! These cookies are so festive, and that peppermint crunch on top is like a Christmas dream come true!
And let's not forget, there IS a hint of coffee to give it a delectable, rich chocolate mocha flavor! Like these Fudgy Macadamia Mocha Brownies too!
Have you noticed I'm obsessed with coffee extract lately? I used it here and here and I'm pretty sure I'll still be percolating on bringing you more sweets, using it along with a recipe or two including peppermint.
Christmas Time, Peppermint is Epic!
It's everywhere! I just gotta say....I do love the pop of the vibrant peppermint color on these cookies!
Ok....When it comes to the coffee extract? If you don't have it, or dislike it, you can always change up the coffee extract with vanilla extract or even peppermint extract. Trust me, it really does suck!! Of course, I've done it before....UGH!
The BEST TIPS when it comes to Peppermint!
If you use peppermint cookies or anything peppermint, in an assortment of goodies, remember these words of wisdom. "Always package them separately in a ziplock or something similar, because everything will taste like peppermint."
Remember to use the peppermint extract sparingly, as it can overpower the cookie dough and then that would really, really suck. And you don't want that, or at least I don't and I'm pretty sure the people receiving won't either!
If you love chocolate peppermint desserts during the holidays, 19 Peppermint Flavored Desserts is the collection of your dreams over at RecipeLion. 🙂
But, do try these delicious, yummy Triple Chocolate Mocha Peppermint Crunch Cookies! Excellent with a glass of cold milk, hot chocolate or coffee...but of course!!
More Holiday Treats!
- Intense Dark Chocolate Mocha Latte Cookies
- Ultimate Peppermint Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge
- Peppermint Crunch Buttercream Marshmallow Brownies
- 3 White Chocolate No-Bake Festive Candy Recipes
- 13 Holiday Peppermint Desserts
- Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Triple Chocolate Mocha Peppermint Crunch Cookies
- 1 cup butter cold
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon coffee extract I used Nielsen Massey Coffee Extract
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract I used Nielsen-Massey Peppermint Extract
- 2 ¼ cups All purpose flour or Bob's Red Mill all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I like using ½ regular, ½ dark or black cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips only if you want more chocolate! (I did not add them in)
Chocolate Drizzle and Sprinkles
- ½ cup chocolate chips for melting on top
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- Peppermint crunch sprinkles or Peppermint candy crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until light and creamy for 2 minutes.
- Add in sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated into batter.
- Add in coffee extract and peppermint extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt using whisk, no lumps.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, (¼ cup), scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet.
- Space dough at least 2" apart - 6 per cookie sheet
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan on a wire rack for at least five minutes.
- Allow to cool completely prior to storing.
- Melt chocolate chips with canola oil in microwavable bowl, for 20 seconds, and then another 15 seconds if needed, stirring well in between.
- Put in ziplock bag, snip end and glaze chocolate drizzle back and forth across cookies.
- Add sprinkles, let set until drizzle has set.
- Makes approximately 24 cookies.