Chocolate Swirled Peanut Butter Banana Bread is super yummy! We love the rich chocolate swirls swirling and twirling about in this dangerously, decadent peanut butter banana bread! This famous peanut butter, banana and chocolate trio is one we cannot deny is one of our favorite dessert combos as a snack, breakfast or gifting. You gotta try this!
I have been on a banana bread kick lately! I love experimenting with different banana bread textures and flavors, mostly because there are certain ingredients out there I love using over and over. We knocked this banana bread up a notch with adding some chocolate, peanut butter and Greek yogurt to the mix!
I gave myself a tiny moment of accomplishment and applause with my banana bread results, took a few pics and then in one fatal swoop, I devoured a couple of pieces. Me swooping in? Oh, that's nothing new....really. I've been known to do things like that on many occasion, because I'm very impatient when it comes to freshly baked banana bread!
I love banana bread for breakfast and after work, for a delicious snack! So, so good. I love banana bread with hot cocoa too. OMG! What a treat! What's your favorite way?
Tips and Chocolate Swirl Peanut Butter Banana Bread love!
You can substitute applesauce for the eggs. Just use ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce and it's amazing. No difference really, except I've noticed in a lot of breads, applesauce is a great replacer for eggs.
For variation, you can substitute sour cream or buttermilk for the Greek yogurt.
Remember, the riper the bananas, the sweeter the bread will be. So, with that said, you can decrease the sugar as well ⅓ or ¼ cup for less sugar!
Here's some more banana goodies!
Chocolate Swirled Peanut Butter Lovers Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs or ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cups mashed ripe banana 3 or 4 bananas
- ⅓ cup Jif peanut butter
- ⅓ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt sour cream or yogurt can be substituted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease or use non-stick spray on 9x5 pan
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, using mixer, beat at medium speed until well blended. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed banana, yogurt, peanut butter and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed just until moist.
- Measure out 1 cup of batter and add ½ cup melted semisweet chocolate chips to batter and using a spoon or whisk mix together in a small bowl until just combined and .
- Spoon plain batter into pan, alternating with dollops of chocolate batter. Drag a knife through batter to swirl. Bake as directed.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack and remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
I use Dannon® Oikos® Triple Zero Greek Yogurt