Bakery Style Blueberry & Blackberry Muffins are basically cake for breakfast, so how can you go wrong?
Cake for breakfast every day? Yaaaasss please!
These bakery style muffins are studded with uber-healthy blueberries and blackberries.
In fact, if you were wondering if you can use fresh or frozen berries in this recipe, you can use both. I used frozen blackberries and fresh blueberries, (in these pictured) but anytime I've used fresh or frozen fruit in any muffins, they have always turned out great.
These muffins are so delicious you seriously cannot eat just one.
Here are a few guidelines to make your muffins especially perfect:
- Most importantly, just don't over-mix your batter when you add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until evenly mixed and just moistened, then stop and fold in your fruit.
- Fill your muffin cups about three-fourths full with the batter. Filling or overfilling the tins, the muffins are more likely come out flat on top.
- Allow muffins to cool 10 minutes in the pan before eating. (I know this is hard one...but it helps so you don't end up with a hot mess and fall apart when you take them out of the muffin tins.
- Fresh-baked muffins are the best kind of muffins, there's no doubt about that. To reheat leftovers, just put them in a 200ºF oven for about 10 minutes for a quick warm-up! You can also reheat them in the microwave for 10 - 15 seconds for a quick warm up too! Lovely with some slathered butter, if I do say so myself. 🙂
Bakery Style Blueberry & Blackberry Muffins have classic berry flavors that seriously can't be beat! I adapted this recipe from these Chocolate Chip Yogurt Muffins.
If you love struesel on your muffins, try these Best Blueberry Crumble Muffins.
Every bite is so flavorful you won't know what to do with yourself.
Holy yum. Go ahead, indulge.
Bakery Style Blueberry & Blackberry Muffins
- 2 -½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup almond milk or buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 - ½ cups blueberries and/or blackberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 425°F, spray muffin pan with non-stick spray or use cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt, almond milk and vanilla and then add in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined, do not overmix. Add berries and gently fold together until incorporated.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then turn the oven down to 375°F and bake for another 13-15 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy warm.
- Make sure you seal the muffins to keep fresh.