These yummy Cinnamon Apple Muffins are perfect for fall, but they are also delicious any time of the year, especially if you are a lover of apple and cinnamon together!
These make a delicious breakfast or snack and they are super easy to make. Your whole house will smell like fall while they're baking! BTW! These muffins are gluten-free, sugar-free and low carb, which is great if you are being more mindful of what you are putting into your body.
To make make these lifestyle-friendly, choosing a healthy sugar option like monk fruit sweetener works really well with ketogenic, diabetic, candida, paleo, vegan, low-carb, low-sugar, non-GMO, and all-natural diets. Of course, you might have a favorite sugar-free replacement you love to use. You may have to add less or more depending on the sugar being used.
Check out this Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake also made with monk fruit sweetener.
You can also use granulated sugar in these muffins! They'll still be healthy because they are made with almond-flour. But if you do, they won't be sugar-free and low-carb, ya know?
I added a few apples to the top of the muffins and sprinkled them with a little more sugar and cinnamon while baking.
Once baked, these apple muffins taste even better after resting for a few hours, if they last that long. They are really good warmed up and I usually keep muffins in a covered container or ziplock in the fridge and then reheat them when we're ready to indulge.
They also freeze very well. Just defrost and reheat as needed. Serve with some butter or some sugar-free peanut butter and devour!
For some more healthy muffin options, check out Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins, Super Healthy Fudgy Double Chocolate Muffins and these 10 Glorious Gluten-Free Muffin Recipes for Summer! (You can always make them sugar-free as needed if that's your goal.)
If you're sharing, no one will know they are sugar-free and low-carb, unless of course, you are the lucky recipient of preparing them. But it's always fun to tell people after the fact, so they can have the look of disbelief in their eyes and be like, seriously? That's definitely a good feeling!
GET those apples and Let's make some muffins, yo!
Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- 2 ½ cups almond flour I used Bob's Red Mill
- ¾ cup granulated monk fruit sweetener or stevia/erythritol blend. I used Lakanto (if you want sweeter muffins, increase to 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted butter melted coconut oil can also be used, should be cooled to room temperature
- 4 eggs, large
- ¼ cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Granny Smith apple finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a 12-cup muffin pan; set aside. I like using silicone muffin pan and spraying lightly with non-stick cooking spray when making muffins.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until well blended. Whisk in the butter or coconut oil and mix well. The texture will appear grainy.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir together, then add in the diced apple
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter filling each muffin tin ⅔ to ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched, then cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan. Remove from muffin pan and allow to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
Recipe from: Simply So Healthy
Looking for the Best Sugar Free / Keto Options when cooking and baking?
Check out Lakanto to discover and try some of their amazing products. USE MY LAKANTO DISCOUNT CODE: thebakingchocolatess15 to get 15% off when you check out, because I wanna share the love and who doesn’t love a discount. I’d love to hear your feedback if you try it!