Blueberry Muffinsssssss!!! These are not just your ordinary, plain jane, blueberry muffins! These are spectacular, super-moist buttermilk blueberry muffins bursting with sweet-tart blueberry flavor and a slightly crunchy, crumble topping.
Now that's a mouthful, which I only want filled with these Best Blueberry Crumble Muffins, yo! Ya feelin' me?
Other Blueberry Recipes You might like!
Here's the recipe for Best Blueberry Crumble Muffins!
Best Blueberry Crumble Muffins
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cold butter cubed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, ¼ cup butter, and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon using a pastry cutter or fork until you have crumbles and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons baking powder; set aside.
- Add oil, egg and buttermilk.to the flour mixture and mix until just barely incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries and do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way up (using an ice cream scoop is easiest), and sprinkle each muffin with the crumble topping. (You will probably have some leftover.)
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.
- Makes 10 muffins