Blueberry Muffinsssssss!!! These are not just your ordinary, plain jane, blueberry muffins!
These are spectacular, super-moist buttermilk blueberry muffins bursting with sweet-tart blueberry flavor and a slightly crunchy, crumble topping.
Now that’s a mouthful, which I only want filled with these Best Blueberry Crumble Muffins, yo! Ya feelin’ me?
Here’s the recipe for Best Blueberry Crumble Muffins!
Best Blueberry Crumble Muffins
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cold butter cubed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, ¼ cup butter, and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon using a pastry cutter or fork until you have crumbles and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons baking powder; set aside.
- Add oil, egg and buttermilk.to the flour mixture and mix until just barely incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries and do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way up (using an ice cream scoop is easiest), and sprinkle each muffin with the crumble topping. (You will probably have some leftover.)
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.
- Makes 10 muffins
Other Blueberry Recipes You might like!