This Baked Blackberry Coconut Oatmeal is deliciously loaded with luscious blackberries! It's the perfect easy breakfast to fix for you and your guests, or for warming up anytime for breakfast the next day! You'll love that it's full of antioxidants and made with healthy ingredients too! Yummy delish!
Blackberries and their Benefits!!
Blackberries are the fruit with the highest level of antioxidants! They contain compounds that may help protect you from heart, brain and cell damage, preventing inflammation and periodontal disease.
Omega 3 fatty acids are also found in blackberries. It helps prevent or reduce the risk of breast cancer, cervical cancer, pancreatic cancer, and gastrointestinal cancer.
A cup of raw blackberries has 62 calories, less than a gram of fat, 2 grams of protein, no cholesterol, only 1 gram of sodium and has a lot fiber! I know women struggle with not getting enough fiber in their diet. One serving has 7.6 grams of fiber, which is more fiber than a cup of bran flakes, which provide 7 grams.
Blackberries can give you quick energy, and their fiber content can help you stay full. So fill up on these when snacking or add to this delicious Baked Blackberry Coconut Oatmeal.
Ripe blackberries are the best way to get the full benefit of everything that blackberries have to offer. It is important to wait until they are ripe when you are pick them. They will not ripen after you pick them.
And another benefit we ladies love! The antioxidant in blackberries is anthocyanins and is also beneficial for increasing collagen production, which leads to younger looking skin, improving circulation, and much more.
BTW!! I made this delightful baked oatmeal with 100% wholegrain Irish oats from Flahavan's. This "flaked" oatmeal gives the oatmeal a super creamy texture, so it makes this baked oatmeal super yummy-ier! Yes, yummy-ier!
Other ingredients include unsweetened shredded coconut, coconut oil, milk, egg--which gives it a custard touch, brown sugar, cinnamon and a dash of salt and it's delicious.
Other Oat Delights!
- Awesome Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bars
- Sugar-Free Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
- Pumpkin Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Peach Crumble Bars
- Delish Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Healthy Chunky Monkey Oatmeal Bars - Easy
- 30 Delicious Healthy Recipes Using Oats
Baked Blackberry Coconut Oatmeal
- 1¾ cup rolled oats (I used Flavahans Irish Oats)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cup blackberries , fresh
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut , shredded
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk of choice , very lukewarm
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Spray a 7-inch x 11-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, brown sugar, salt, coconut and cinnamon together.
- Spread half of the oat mixture evenly into the prepared dish.
- Layer half of the blackberries over the oats, then top that with the remaining oats mixture and the rest of the berries.
- Slightly shake the pan to settle the ingredients.
- Using bowl previously for the oats mixture, combine the egg, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and milk (make sure the milk is not cold, or the coconut oil will seize and the warm milk, makes your oatmeal more custardy).
- Mix until everything is well combined, then pour the milk mixture over the oat and blackberry mixture.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until the oats set and golden brown. Yum!
- Microwave or eat cold for leftovers.