I've got some really yummy Nutella Cheesecake Bars to share with you. They're rich, tasty little bars of pure bliss! Cheesecake swirled with Nutella, baked atop a buttery shortbread crust. They have just the right balance of sweetness of cheesecake and chocolate hazelnut and are addicting as hell!
I made them for Easter to take to my husband's cousin's (Heidi) house. She is awesome and I love the whole 'Lange' family. They are very cool, sort of crazy and definitely fun to be around.
They have a strong family bond and I always look forward to when we all get the chance to get together and I especially love to hear stories of the past. (I want to share their amazing story they survived through, during World War II on one of these posts, and it will have to be featured with a German dessert for sure.)
History later, for now, back to the fun at Easter! We had lots of great, wonderful food, lots of laughing and even threw in some 'dirty' bingo in the mix of it all. Spam and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups seemed to be the popular picks, while there were some strange items, like gross halloween teeth, a 'bra' bag and mustaches? Don't ask... 🙂
Here's the recipe for these bars! Perfect with a fresh brewed cup of coffee for breakfast, according to Heidi! Did I tell you, she's awesome? She's like these Nutella bars...the perfect balance of sweetness! 🙂
More Cheesecake Bars!
- Nutella Cheesecake Bars
- Matcha Cheesecake Swirled Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Nutella & Coconut Cheesecake Fudgy Brownies
- Blueberry Lemon Bliss Cheesecake Bars
- OMG! Heavenly Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Nutella Cheesecake Bars
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Nutella reserve 2 tablespoons for cream cheese filling, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x9 inch pan and line with parchment paper, allowing 2 sides to hang over the edges.
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, fork or fingers, mix in butter until its well blended, resembling a crumbly dough, but sticking together when pressed together.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- While the shortbread crust is baking, using a mixer, combine the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, egg and w tablespoons of Nutella until very well incorporated.
- Place the remaining Nutella in a microwave-safe dish and heat in 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until the Nutella has thinned out to easily swirl on top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour the cream cheese filling over the crust, using a spatula to spread evenly. Drizzle the warm Nutella on top of the cream cheese filling and swirl using a knife or spoon, but don't go deep and get into the crust portion.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool for 30 minutes and then transfer to the fridge for 30 more minutes.
- Slice into 16 bars and serve. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
Jubilee Mia Figueroa says
WOW! I love this recipe it is soooo delicious! THANKS! This was so easy and fun to do that I am 11 years old and I love doing it!
Thanks Winnie. I have used the off brand Nutella too and I can't tell the difference except with the price. 😉 Thanks for stopping by!
Wowww - they really look soooooooooooooo Delicious !!
I don't use Nutella, but a different brand with a similar taste, and with cheese together - it's totally YUMMY
Thanks Medha! Yum! Nutella is the best 🙂
Thanks Teresa!! 🙂
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
These look delicious! The first ever cheesecake I made on my own was a tricolor cheesecake with nutella! The bottom was crushed oreos, the middle nutella cheesecake, and the top plain cheesecake! This looks awesome 🙂
Oh, my. I want one! Nutella + Cheesecake = heavenly.