You'll love this home-made vanilla cheesecake pudding dessert with a layer of banana slices with on a buttery graham cracker crust and some fluffy whipped cream on top! Sounds pretty damn good and it's no wonder, it's been such a classic over time!! It's such a luscious Banana Cream Pie Delight in a pan!! I love the classic desserts!!
Ok, I compare classic desserts to my favorite TCM channel. In case, you don't know what TCM is? It's a TV network station that plays all the old classic films and TCM stands for Turner Classic Movies. Have you heard of it or ever watched it?
My kids think I'm a weirdo and make fun of me, but I can't help it! No interruptions and I am hopelessly and totally obsessed with all these black and white movies.
They're just so iconic looking, have a much higher quality of storytelling and I always feel transported to a former time period. My favorite era when movies were made are from the 40's and 50's. AND...I love they way they dressed back then, so retro, so fashionable and so classic.
However, I found I do not like silent movies from the 20's and 30's and I do not like Westerns, most musicals and some of the war movies, with the exception of all World War II history. I love movies like Gilda, Casablanca and Gaslight that have some action, a little suspense and a really good plot that keeps you glued to the set!
I'm just not much into the fake reality TV, game shows and it makes me mad when the history channel has dumb reality shows that have nothing to do with history...Shows like Ice Truckers or Swamp People?
Please...BUT! If it's a competing cooking or baking show, I will watch those, because that's what I love to do myself.
Did I ever tell you that I was contacted by a casting producer to cast for “Halloween Baking Championship” and “Holiday Baking Championship" back in April 2017? I was so excited, but the timing was bad and I had to turn it down probably the chance of a lifetime, but the thought of being in front of millions of people if I had been cast, seemed really scary to me! But I did make it to Food Network with my Apple Fritter Bread.
Just give me the good old classics, like this old-fashioned Banana Cream Delight and my black and white movies. It's all good!
How about Some More Luscious Banana Cream Ideas!
You'll love this creamy banana and vanilla cheesecake pudding dessert because it's so luscious and yummy and I hope you try it! It's one of the classics you'll definitely want to go back in time with!
Luscious Banana Cream Delight
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 16 whole graham crackers, crushed into crumbs crushed into fine crumbs
- 7 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 teaspoons water
Banana Pie Filling:
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream whipped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 bananas ripe
- ½ cup toasted coconut optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.Add the melted butter, sugar, salt and graham crackers together and combine. Add 1 teaspoon of water to combine so the crumbs are moist and pinch together well.
- Press the graham cracker mixture firmly against the bottom of a 13x9 pan.Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Using mixer, whip the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla together until whipping cream has stiff peaks, set aside.In another bowl, mix or whisk the instant pudding and milk until well combined. Set aside.
- Using mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sweetened condensed milk and pudding. into the cream cheese. Fold in half the whipped cream with a spatula.
- Slice bananas and press the to the bottom of the graham cracker crust. Add the cream cheese pudding filling to the top of the crust. Smooth out the filling, then top with the remaining whipped cream, cover gently with plastic wrap, and chill for at least one hour.
- When you are ready to serve the pie you can add some sliced bananas on top with some toasted coconut.