These rich, decadent fudgy brownies tout a fluffy peppermint candied buttercream frosting and a layer of chocolate ganache to make these the ultimate brownie treat for the holidays.
Who wouldn’t love these?
They are pure Christmas heaven.
These are wonderful for entertaining and gifting. Put them in a cute little tin and there ya go!
You can get anywhere from 16 – 25 brownies, depending how big you cut them. I, personally like them smaller, so I can place them on a party tray with other holiday candies and sweet treats unless….
Did I mention I sometimes hoard brownies?
Yes I do! (Brownies are not safe around me.)
Want some more brownie ideas for your holiday party tray or gifting?
Ultimate Peppermint Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs large
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Chocolate Ganache Layer:
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1/2 & 1/2 semi-sweet & milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons any milk or heavy cream
- Crushed peppermint candies for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray, set aside and start making your brownies.
Cocoa Fudgy Brownies
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together, set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until mixed well.
- Add in eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Set aside to cool.
- Melt your chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between each time. Add the whipping cream and mix well to get a smooth ganache.
- Once the brownies are cooled, spread the ganache evenly over the brownies, creating a smooth surface at the top. Place in fridge for 15 minutes for the chocolate to firm up.
- While the brownies are in the fridge, make your frosting.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter for 1 minute, then add the rest of the frosting ingredients and whip for an additional minute.
- Once the ganache has firmed up, spread the frosting evenly over the brownies.
- Top with crushed peppermint candies and then cut and serve!