Hey! Still doing the 'pumpkin' thing, hope you are too! Because you are going to love this amazing Pumpkin Walnut Bread! This yummy treat will soon become a family favorite! Such a classic, delectably moist pumpkin bread loaded with chunky, crunchy walnuts, is just perfect for the fall season!
I went to Florida a couple of months ago, and this is pumpkin bread is what my son requested, besides cookies, of course!
Yep! So, of course, as an obliging mother, I aim to please. I love baking and I kind of went overboard a bit, but let's face it, I live in Indiana, the 'adult' kids live in Florida and this is when I get to show some love!
While I was visiting, I made these Pumpkin Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars and these Delish Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars , Old Fashioned Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and a couple loaves of this Pumpkin Walnut Bread.
Then trying to do it all, you get lots of dirty dishes in the process...ugh!
Have I ever told you, I hate washing dishes.
Coming from a family of six, we didn't have the luxury of an electric dishwasher. So, my sisters, Mom and I, were the lucky automatic dishwashers and it sucked, literally! It was a constant, 3-4 times, daily chore and my least favorite chore of all time! So, to whoever invented the precious dishwasher? I totally love you!
I made this pumpkin bread with olive oil and it is so good! Have you ever tried using olive oil in cakes and breads? It's quite delicious! My son took it in to his work to share and everyone loved it too. A nice cup of coffee or hot cocoa with pumpkin bread is a nice little snack. I really hope you enjoy it.
If you need some quick bread tips, I've got ya covered.
Craving more pumpkin goodies? Here's some you might wanna check out!
- Amish Country Pumpkin Custard Pie
- Ultimate Pumpkin Bars with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- 7 Pumpkin Cookie Recipes for Pumpkin Cookie Lovers!
- "CopyCat" Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Pumpkin Walnut Bread
Makes 2 Loaves
- 1 cup granulated sugar or Splenda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 16 oz canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 - 2 cups walnuts whole or chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 2 9x5 or 8x4 loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- Using a mixer, beat sugar and oil together until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition.
- Add pumpkin and almond milk and mix until blended.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts.
- Add to the mixer and mix only until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 45-50 minutes for smaller loaf pans and 55-60 minutes for larger loaf pans until center springs back when touched.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup.
Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Toast until browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and add them to your bread batter.