Can I just scream out “Pumpkin Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars” from the mountain tops? And then gobble them up as fast as I can in between echos?
These bars are healthy AND addictive. But don’t let the addictive part scare you. You get divine pumpkin, tart cranberries, soft and chewy oatmeal and dark chocolate all clustered together into a delicious bar that is way beyond delightful.
I don’t know why, but I’m infatuated with using the term ‘gobble’ for some reason. Thanksgiving is still two and a half months away…’still’, right? I mean, that is scary! Where has this flippin’ year gone?
We all need to slow down and enjoy all the good and important things in life. But when you put these bars in front of me, how am I supposed to take it easy and slow down?
I made these when I was in Florida, for my family and they absolutely loved them. So as soon as this post gets published, they will get the recipe as requested. Makes my heart pitter-patter with happiness.
These Pumpkin Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are the perfect healthy, energy-fiber bar, quick snack or breakfast on the go and totally delicious! Try it, you’ll like it!
Want more healthy oatmeal treats?
Pumpkin Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats I like to use Flahavan's Irish Oats
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips divided
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or Craisins. divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir or whisk flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda and baking powder until combined and set aside.
- In another bowl, using mixer, mix pumpkin, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in oats, 1/2 of the chocolate chips and 1/2 of the cranberries until mixed in.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips & cranberries.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.