Hey Shorty...it's your Holiday Cranberry Orange Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies! They are sitting patiently waiting on you to take a big, fat, huge, bite! Careful, you will want to savor every bite of these holiday gems as well, so enjoy!
These vintage, classic, zingy shortbread cookies have a hint of orange zest, dried cranberries, and finely chopped pecans in them.
They are a wonderful presentation for any holiday party and don't forget that jolly ole' guy, Santa!
Of, course, I can picture myself (without Santa) sitting by a fireplace, drinking hot cocoa, while munching on these cookies. (a real dream come true)
It doesn't sound too bad, if I say so myself. Pssst...don't tell Santa. I'll be put on that naughty list. YIKES! 😉
Anywhoooo, if you love rich, buttery cookies, you really need to give these Holiday Cranberry Orange Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies a try.
Maybe you could even leave one, or two for Santa? (Nahhhh!) Here's the recipe!
Holiday Cranberry Orange Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup mini semisweet or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using a mixer, beat softened butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- Stir in orange zest and vanilla extract until blended.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Add in cranberries, pecans and chocolate chips, folding in until combined.
- Shape shortbread dough into 2 (7-inch) logs.
- Wrap each log in wax paper, and chill 4 hours, or freeze logs in zip-top plastic freezer bags up to 1 month.
- If frozen, let cookie logs stand at room temperature for 10 minutes for easier cutting.
- Cut each log into ⅓ inch to ½ inch slices.
- Place shortbread slices 1 inch apart on lightly greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake shortbread for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of slices are golden.
- Remove shortbread from baking sheets, and place on wire racks and let cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.
You can also freeze the unbaked cookies (after the dough is cut into circles). When ready to use them, place the frozen cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for a minute or two longer. 🙂
You got the Cranberry love?