I’m all about the Pumpkin! Let’s bake pumpkin stuff! These soft Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so perfect to bake, (and eat) right?
We love these anytime of year and trust me, they don’t last long, not even an hour. They are crazy good! Moist, yet fluffy-ish yummy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
I love the fallish-orange color of these babies!
And….Speaking of babies, I’m officially a “Mimi” (my official name) a.k.a grandma!
Grace Rose Howell was born on September 9 and she’s as precious as precious can be! I love my little angel so much! She’s perfect and beautiful! She’s my little punkin. 😉 Which brings us to pumpkin cookies, right?? See how this all fits together?
I’ll have to make multiple trips to Florida to visit and get my baby Grace ‘fix’!
But, I will have to leave her on Thursday, so trying to spend every minute I can with this little peanut. Everyone is doing fine! Grace is a one very lucky girl! Everyone loves her!
She has already brought so much joy to our family!
I’m so blessed beyond words! Thanks Justin and Lauren! Can you tell I’m excited?
When Grace is older, we can make these Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies together and bake, bake away!
Enjoy these ‘babies’ with a cold glass of milk!
Now, I need to get back to my sweet little punkin’! 🙂
Old Fashioned Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg or 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons canola oil for extra fluffy, omit 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Using a whisk, beat pumpkin, egg, sugars, oil, vanilla, cinnamon all together in a bowl, until blended well.
- In another bowl, add salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour together in a mixing bowl and then add to wet mixture and mix together until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small scoop or rounded tablespoon measure, drop onto cookie sheets - 12 cookies per baking sheet, cookies will spread a little.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes
- Remove from tray and let cool.
If you love pumpkin bars and cookies, here’s some for your recipe book!