These delicious, chewy M&M Cookie Bars are coming to the party, wherever it is! Don’t they look festive and fun? We took vibrant colored candy coated M&M’s and loaded them in scrumptious cookie bars and we just cannot resist! We’re all in!
Cookie bars are special for any day of the week. Perfect for snacking, birthdays, Super Bowl, party trays, holidays, bake sales and gifting to all your friends and family, duh!
It’s always super fun when M&M’s are involved in cookies right? For this recipe, we just eliminated the cookie dough balls and put all the cookie dough in a 9×13 pan, spread it out evenly and voila!
M&M Cookie Bars at your service, ready for you to devour!
Being that we love cookies and bars here on the blog, there are plenty of cookie bars to choose from here, but you must simply try these too, when you get that ‘baking’ bug for sweet treats!
Switch out M&M’s for your favorite kind of M&M’s or colors according to your special event. You’ll want to make these over and over again! The family will love them!
M&M Cookie Bars
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 10.5 oz bag M&M's
- Adjust the oven rack to lower-middle position, then preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper for easy removal. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined, by not overmixing.
- Fold in most of the M&M's and turn the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing out the cookie dough evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining M&M's on top and lightly press into dough.
- Bake until the top of the bars is light golden brown, slightly firm to the touch, and edges start pulling away from sides of pan, 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Remove the bars from the pan by removing bars from pan & transfer them to a cutting board.
- Cut into squares, serve.
Recipe slightly modified from Fantastic Family Favorites