As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These are so fun and easy to make for your little elves! We won’t forget the big elves either, because everyone loves these holly jolly baked cookie bars anytime of year, like these Grinch Sugar Cookies, 60 Easy No Bake Treats and these Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies!
For the holidays, you can’t go wrong with baking a pan or 3 of these scrumptious m&m cookie bars for gifting, party trays or just indulging throughout the week!
These easy-to-make bars are a decadent combination of buttery sugar cookie dough and colorful m&ms that will give your holiday baking that extra pop of flavor and color.
Not only do these bars get two thumbs up from those with a sweet tooth, they serve as an excellent holiday treat. So grab your ingredients and bake up a batch of these scrumptious Christmas m&m Cookie Bars!
Ingredients for Christmas Cookie Bars
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- all-purpose flour
- red & green M&Ms
- red and green sprinkles
- white chocolate chips
How to Make Christmas Cookie Bars
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or foil, then spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
Using mixer, mix together the butter and sugars until combined.
Mix in eggs and vanilla combining well.
Add flour, salt and baking powder and combine well.
Stir in M&Ms and sprinkles.
Spread in prepared pan. Top with remaining mix-ins
Bake for about 22-25 minutes until they start to turn golden, without overbaking.
Slice into bars.
Christmas Cookie Bar Tips
- Whatever you do…Do not over bake these blondies! Under baking is the key to the best soft and chewy bars! The majority of the center will be under baked but it’s going to continue “baking” and firm up as it cools in the pan.
- We added baking powder to give a little lift to the bars! If you don’t want the lift, leave it out of the bars.
Storing and Freezing M&M Cookie Bars
- Room Temperature – Stored in an airtight container these cookie bars will keep for about 3 days at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container and they’ll last up to a week, making them perfect for shipping.
- Freezer – You can wrap the baked uncut bars and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Delish Bars!
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Thick & Chewy Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Reese’s Pieces Magic Bars
- Thick & Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- OMG S’mores Bars
- Super Easy Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Bars
- M&M Christmas Cookies
Christmas Cookie M&M Bars are a must-have for any holiday gathering. Whether you’re baking for the family or giving these tasty treats away as gifts, there are endless flavor combinations and decorating possibilities.
With less fuss than traditional cookies, these Christmas cookie bars with m&m’s can be made quickly and easily, saving you time at the holidays. So grab your mixing bowl and let’s get baking!
More Festive Bars & Treats!
- Patriotic M&M Party Cookie Bars
- 3 White Chocolate No Bake Festive Candy Recipes
- Birthday Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee
- Biscoff White Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Biscoff M&M Cookie Butter Cookies
- Luscious Lime Cake Vodka Jello Shots
- Christmas Tree Pull Apart Cupcakes Cake
Christmas Cookie Bars
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 stick + 2 tablespoons
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup red & green M&Ms or M&M's of choice can use mini or regular sized M&M's
- ½ cup red and green sprinkles more for sprinkling on top
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or foil, then spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using mixer, mix together the butter and sugars until combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder and combine well.
- Stir in M&Ms, white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Dough will be sticky.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and press cookie dough in prepared pan. Top with extra M&Ms and sprinkles as desired.
- Bake for about 23-25 minutes or until they start turning golden brown. You can also insert a toothpick to see if it comes out clean to test for doneness.
- Slice into bars.