These ultimate Chocolate Chunk Cookies are chewy and overloaded with chocolate chunks galore! Crackly tops, crispy edges, chewy and obviously, after that first chomp, you will know, what I already know. These cookies are deliciously loaded with chocolate chunks and they are addictive! Watch out!
The best part? These Chocolate Chunk Cookies that are easy to make and within minutes, they will be ready to devour! You don't have to chill the dough, so nothing is at a standstill! The sooner, the better for cookies right out of the oven into your mouth!
A large glass of milk is readily available for dunking I presume? For an extra treat, the tops of the cookies can be finished with a sprinkling of sea salt, if you so desire!
About the Chocolate Chunks!
Use good quality chocolate. Buy premium chocolate bars and cut them up to the size preferred in your cookies is a great option! There are also chocolate chunks packaged already that you can use like Enjoy Life Chocolate Mega Chunks or Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunk Baking.
Mix dark chocolate with milk chocolate or white chocolate with dark chocolate or milk chocolate with semi-sweet chocolate...you decide what combinations you want if you like a variety. Of course, you can always just go with semi-sweet chocolate which is the standard favorite for chocolate chip cookies. I don't think anyone will object! 🙂
The star of the show is the chocolate of course! Even though we are in chocolate chunk overload mode, remember there is a chewy cookie somewhere in there, so you want to make sure you don't go completely bonkers when adding chocolate chunks to the cookies. The chocolate chunks are larger in size than chocolate chips, so keep that in mind when adding your chocolate to your cookie dough. So we can use less chocolate chunks and still cover the chocolate aspect to getting super chocolatey cookies!
As far as the chewy concept of these cookies, this recipe calls out 2 egg yolks and 1 whole egg. The yolks contain most of the fats in the egg, so the extra fat contributes extra softness and richness, and extra moisture. So when we put it all together, we get chewy chocolate chunk cookies we crave!
There are so many chocolate chip cookie recipes out there, but if you still haven’t found the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe or just want to change things up a bit, this is the recipe for you. Enjoy!
On a Chocolate Chip Adventure? We've Got More for YOU!
- Home-made Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- M&M Chocolate Chip Candy Cookies
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies! Pure Nirvana!
- 25 Rockin' Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes (that are Freaking Awesome)
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- ¾ granulated sugar
- ¾ light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks chips or chopped
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks chips or chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream together the sugars and butter, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1 whole egg and mix well. Add one egg yolk mixing in, then repeat with other.
- Add in vanilla and mix in.
- Using mixer on low speed, add in the baking powder, soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add flour and mix in until just combined, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Do not overmix! (Dough will be sticky.)
- Using wooden spoon, fold in chocolate.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop and place cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet, 6 per baking pan. These spread out alot!
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Leave cookies on the cookie sheet 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a large glass of cold milk!
I stumbled across these fabulous cookies on Deliciously Yum.
You'd better save a few out for me! 🙂