These Birthday Confetti Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars are the best for celebrating your special occasions and holidays! Totally ultimate for birthday treats, which are ideal because we’ve got sprinkles galore! We can never have too many sprinkles!
How fun is it to celebrate the day you were born each year? Your birthday is a momentous occasion, to be commemorated and celebrated to the fullest! And with these yummy bars at your side, you’ll be in celebration mode for sure!
I used to celebrate my birthday for the whole month when I was in my 20’s. I’ve noticed the older I get the less I like celebrating and drawing attention to myself. LOL!
Then I’d have to tell my age. Why do I have a problem with this? I always have. When I turned 25 I pretty much thought I was now deemed “old” and had anxiety!
Anyways, let’s talk about these Birthday Confetti Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars. We all know someone that has a birthday coming up and these are perfect for the occasion ya know?
Make these and let them share them with all their friends and family. And if you’re hosting a party, make these and place them on a cake platter or plate for self-serving.
Change up the frosting for your favorite color with a little added color gel, assorted sprinkle colors or certain colors and you can even add in sprinkles to the cookie bars when baking. These are really fun!
These Birthday Confetti Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars are soft and thick with just the right amount of ultimate Birthday Confetti Frosting. Baked in a 9×13 pan, and you can make these bars big or small for your Bday Bash!
I think the smaller bars are sufficient and filling, but it is just how you want to present them to your baking fans. Can be 15, 18, 21 or 24 up to servings.
Birthday Confetti Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars:
- 3/4 cup butter softened to cool room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free flour like Bob's Red Mill
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup Sprinkles + additional sprinkles for top
- 8 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- Optional: food coloring gel
- 1/2 cup Sprinkles + additional sprinkles for top of frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper and grease. Set aside.
- Sugar Cookie Bars:
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for 1-2 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined. Optional: If you want sprinkles in cookie bars, add in 1/2 cup and mix in.
- Press the sugar cookie dough into an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. TIP: The bars should have hardly any color around the edges and barely be set in the middle, Don't overbake! Let the bars cool completely before frosting.
- Cream together the butter and powdered sugar until combined, add a little milk if needed if not mixing well, then add in the vanilla, milk or cream, and food coloring (if using), and mix until the frosting is light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add in 1/2 cup sprinkles and mix into frosting, add more sprinkles if you want.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled bars and top with more sprinkles.