This recipe was inspired by Chocolate Charlie! Have you ever had Chocolate Charlie Candy? It's hands-down the best marshmallow candy around the holiday season. I could absolutely eat it every day! (They even add in a little coconut too. )
One of my best friends, Tonya and I exchange a box of it each year as our Christmas gift to each other and we giggle about it, because it's the same gift every year to each other, but we love it.
We consume it together and savor and drool over the rich creamy chocolate, home-made fluffy marshmallows and fresh salted roasted peanuts until it's finally polished off until we are done, and I mean done--like none left!
Are you a fan of sweet and salty? If so, these marshmallow treats are right down your alley! If not, just sub the salted roasted peanuts with unsalted roasted peanuts, but to me, it's what makes these so delectable when you gobble them down. 🙂
The salted roasted peanuts gives them just the right balance of sweet and salty, which is completely dangerous! You don't want to be alone with these! I know...
One of my recipe bucket list items includes making some home-made marshmallows and even replicating this Chocolate Charlie. But for now, this is the fast version and it's absolutely delicious!
Great for making for Christmas gifting for friends and family. Put them in a cute tin and voila! Enjoy it with one of your BFFs! 🙂 Here's the recipe!!
Want more Marshmallow Delights?
Heavenly Chocolate Rocky Road Candy
- 1 package Ghiradelli dark chocolate wafers 12 ounce, or good quality chocolate chips or bar (2 cups worth)
- ⅛ cup butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- 2 ½ cups dry-roasted salted peanuts
- 1 package miniature marshmallows 16 ounce
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with wax paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter under 50% power and check it every 20 seconds until melted. Stir it at every interval; otherwise you do not see if all the chocolate is melted).
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and blend.
- Add peanuts and marshmallows and stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan immediately and spread out evenly. Chill until firm about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.