Creamy white chocolate layered over rich dark chocolate, fluffy marshmallows and the cool flavor of crushed peppermint candy is pure melt-in-your-mouth sweetness. This Ooh-la-la Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Bark will quickly become a favorite among candy gifts during the holiday season.
And...the best part (well to me it is the best part) is that it's super easy to make. You can add more crushed peppermint on top of the chocolate, if that's your thing. I've seen and had it with a lot of peppermint or less, so it's your personal preference. 🙂
I personally don't like a bunch of peppermint crunch, especially big chunks, basically because it gets stuck in your teeth and it's major sugar overload. I'm more about the chocolate...haha!
Want some more Ooh-la-la? You might want check these out?
I think it looks so pretty and festive. You can divide it up and take it into work, serve it at a party or give it out as gifts, because who would not love this? Here's the recipe! Enjoy!
Ooh-la-la Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Bark
- 3 cups or 2-12 oz. packages dark or milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups or 2-12 oz. packages white chocolate chips
- 5 - 8 peppermint candy canes crushed
- 1 - 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line a 12x18 inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt the dark or milk chocolate in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 5 minutes depending on your microwave and don't overheat, or the chocolate will scorch. Stir in 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint.
- Spread the chocolate evenly in the prepared pan and chill 30 minutes until set up.
- Repeat the directions above by melting the white chocolate in 30-second intervals like above.
- Again, stir in 2 tablespoons of the crushed candy canes.
- Add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are coated.
- Spread the white chocolate mixture evenly over the milk chocolate.
- Sprinkle the remaining candy cane pieces evenly over the white chocolate layer and chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Break bark into small pieces to serve.