'Celebrate in style' RumChata lovers (or soon to be RumChata lovers)…just a little info in case you’ve been living under a rock and don't know what RumChata is! And if so, you are missing out, you need this!
RumChata is a delicious liqueur blend that uses *five times distilled* Caribbean rum and the freshest real dairy cream with a touch of cinnamon, vanilla, sugar and other confidential flavors. It tastes like the milk of Cinnamon Toast Crunch only 100 times better! – Seriously! It’s delicious simply over ice or as I like it…right out of the bottle! *Glug-Glug* 🙂
Rumchata can be used in a variety of alcoholic drinks or food recipes, so the possibilities are endless!
It’s hot out, so let’s get serious and make a real milkshake with some RumChata! The key, as all milkshake lovers know, is the ice cream. And the icing on the
cake milkshake with “RumChata”, rockets you right through the gates of heaven! You get the most creamy, thick, phenomenal strawberry shake EVER! None of that fake strawberry flavor! OOOOh noooo! We can't have THAT!
Ya know...I wish you were here! I’d definitely share this with you! Or maybe not…it’s that freakin’ good! So you probably better just make your own. Love ya! xoxo
So, here’s the recipe! Cheers!
More Boozy, Yes!
Strawberry RumChata Shake
- 2 ounces RumChata
- 1 ounce Rum I used Bicardi Rum
- 3 scoops Breyer’s Strawberry Ice Cream use a premium Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or in my case, I put the strawberries in freezer for an hour before using, only had fresh at time
- ⅓ cup vanilla almond milk or regular milk
- Optional: 1 tablespoon malted milk powder or regular powdered milk
- Using a blender, combine strawberries, RumChata, rum and milk together until pulverized.
- (Optional:) Add milk powder and blend.
- Add ice cream into the blender with the strawberry concoction and blend until smooth. Scrape down sides as needed and add a little more milk if needed.
- Pour into a milkshake glass. Garnish with whipped cream and a strawberry. Lovely& Heavenly!
- Makes 1 large or 2 smaller milkshakes.
The malted milk powder gives just more depth and a whisper of that malt flavor without turning the shake into a true malt. If you use regular powdered milk it adds a more rich and creamy flavor. But it is up to you if you want to use them or not, it's not necessary.