I eat sweets in moderation, because I can't give it up! *shudder that thought!* That's why I'm bring out the 'big guns' with these No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bars! Who's with me?! These bars are a great option to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are home-made, healthy and they taste amazing. Great for a healthy snack anytime of the day or breakfast on the go.
Hope your New Year was happy and safe! Are you following the infamous "eating healthier" resolution, like pretty much everyone else that over-indulged over these last couple months of holidays? Yup, me too. The best part about these bars is they only take 10 minutes to make! Woohoo!
They are loaded with wholesome ingredients like creamy peanut butter, rolled old-fashioned oats, rice krispies, honey, almonds, vanilla and mini chocolate chips.
If you want these gluten free, you can make these gluten free by substituting with gluten free ingredients that you already use, changing them out with the same measurements in the recipe.
Also add in flavorful add-ins like flax seeds, chia seeds, candies, nuts and dried fruits. You can change out the peanut butter out for other nut butters. If you're allergic to nuts, try this Sun Butter.
These Chewy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bars will give you a positive boost for your 2017 resolutions for eating healthier, while still indulging delicious! That is the goal!! 🙂
Getting Healthier Options!
No-Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bar
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats pulsed in a food processor or blender for 5-6 seconds
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal or gluten free brand
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or any nut butter
- ½ cup roasted unsalted or raw almonds or peanuts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 9x9″ pan with parchment paper or tin foil leaving excess on each side for lifting
- Combine pulsed oats, chopped almonds and Rice Krispies in a large bowl and mix well and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and honey together and microwave on high for 1 minute, remove and stir.
- Microwave for another minute. Stir in vanilla and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour microwaved mixture over dry mixture and incorporate evenly.
- Pour into prepared pan and press down to form an even layer. (I use the back of a measuring cup to pack it down).
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan using parchment paper and cut into squares.