“This post has been sponsored by General Mills. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
Summer desserts have never been cooler and easier! This delightful Reese's Puffs Treat Ice Cream Sundae Cake has the classic, beloved flavors of chocolate and peanut butter, which is hands-down everybody's favorite combination!
Moms, here’s a summer dessert that’s impressive, delicious and easy! It's the perfect make-ahead dessert for summer gatherings and indoor picnics. Can't you just imagine diving in already?
Drizzled with ribbons of hot fudge and peanut butter sauces and loaded with delicious sweet and crispy bits of Reese's Puffs Treat Bars, this tempting double ice cream cake dessert will have everyone asking for seconds.
Yay! Who could resist?
This ice cream cake will definitely be a "fun & memorable time together" with the kids, by letting them scoop ice cream, drizzle sauces, and break up Reese's Puffs Treat Bars into small bits to bring it all together.
We even took this cake to a whole other level by amping up the peanut butter and chocolate flavor with Peanut Butter Cup and Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice cream for our ice cream flavors. Ohh yeaaa!
Get everyone in on the assembling! Ice cream scoops, then cereal bits, then peanut butter sauce, then chocolate sauce and repeat!
General Mill's Reese's Puffs Treat Bars are delicious cereal bars that are sweet, a little salty, a little gooey, and a little crunchy with drizzles of melted chocolate and peanut butter. On top of being perfect for this ice cream cake, your family can also enjoy them on-the-go! You can find the nearest Reese's Puffs Treats Bars to you here.
If you enjoy Reese’s Puffs Cereal, you will adore these bars. Just imagine how good it is in an ice cream cake!
As usual, I got all of my goodies at Walmart because it’s so convenient and affordable. I can get everything at the same time at the same place, right? You know what I mean!
So on your next trip to Walmart, pick up some Reese's Puffs Treat Bars, 2 quarts of your favorite ice cream, hot fudge and peanut butter toppings and you’re ready to rock and roll out awesome make ahead desserts for no last-minute fuss. You can find the bars in the cereal aisle and the ice creams and toppings in the freezer section.
This chocolaty, peanut butter layered treat is sure to be one of summer's most-requested recipes.
The best is yet to come. Just pull it from the freezer 10-20 minutes before you’re ready to serve.
Just indulge...you're welcome.
Ice cream bars can be made on the spot or ahead of time with your favorite ice cream flavors too. When freezing, separate sandwich bars with parchment paper to keep them from sticking together.
Summer lovin' here we come!
Reese’s Puffs Treat Ice Cream Sundae Cake
- 1 1.5 quart container chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, softened (I used Walmart's Great Value)
- 1 1.5 quart container peanut butter cup ice cream, softened (I used Walmart's Great Value)
- 8 Reese's Puff Treat Bars broken into small bits (can use food processor)
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1 cup peanut butter sauce
- Optional decorations: sprinkles nuts
- Place a layer of parchment paper over the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, and lightly spray with non-stick spray or lightly butter the sides.
- Scoop the chocolate fudge brownie ice cream over the bottom of the pan, making sure to fill all the edges.
- Optional: If you want distinct layers - Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, otherwise go ahead and sprinkle ½ of the small Reese's Puff Treat Bar bits over the chocolate fudge brownie ice cream
- Dollop ⅔rds of the hot fudge sauce and peanut butter sauce over the Reese's Puff Treat Bar layer. (Microwave 20-30 seconds for easier dolloping.)
- If you want distinct layers - return to the freezer for at least 30 minutes more.
- Next, scoop the peanut butter cup ice cream over the chocolate/peanut butter saucelayer.
- Add remainder of hot fudge and peanut butter sauce and Reese's Puff Treat Bar bits to the top of the dessert.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- At least 30 minutes before serving, release the latch from the spring-form cake pan and release the ring. Place on serving platter.
- Remove the cake from the freezer 10-20 minutes before serving (depending on how long it’s been frozen and how warm/cool the room is), to soften it enough to slice. A hot, dry knife will produce the cleanest cuts. To do this easily, dip the knife in a tall glass of hot water, wipe it clean with a towel, and cut a slice. Repeat before cutting the next slice. Enjoy!