Chocolate Chip Cookie Lasagna Dessert is so heavenly creamy, dreamy and exploding with chocolate chip cookie bits in every amazing bite! This crowd pan-pleaser will definitely have everyone swooning and begging for seconds. (…maybe even thirds.)
It’s lusciously layered with baked chocolate chip cookie dough, cream cheese fluff, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, chocolate ganache, mini chocolate chips and loads of chocolate chip cookie crumbles.
The only thing missing is a fork and all the cookie monsters!
Btw…this amazing layered lasagna is ideal for all of your summer gatherings, family picnics, definitely birthday parties (add some sprinkles!!) and more!
Present this for Memorial weekend or 4th of July for sure, because it’s sneaking up on us and before you know it, it will be here and you’ll be like what should I make? Got ya covered!
Everyone loves, loves, loves cookies, so this 9 x 13 pan is a definite no-brainer to satisfy and will feed a lovely crowd-size of 12-18 easily!
I found you can do this cookie dough several ways for this recipe. To save time, you can buy the prepared cookie dough straight from your local grocery store and use that, like Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough or you can make your own, like I did.
I made this a healthier version. I used coconut flour from Purely Amazing Flour to make this gluten-free, but you can use all purpose flour, or whatever blend you are familiar with.
So far for the blog, I’ve made these GF Healthy Birthday Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Vegan Options too! and these“Purely Amazing” GF Ultra Chocolate Brownies using Purely Amazing Flour.
Here’s some great tips when baking gluten-free.
Here’s my Tip: I add just a little less flour if I’m using strictly oat, coconut or almond flour instead of purpose flour, whole wheat or a gluten free flour blend. I use less sugar and a little more liquid for moisture. Those heavier, textured flours can tend to dry out baked goods if the ratios are off. And, when it comes to cookies and bars, it always better to not over-bake.
If you’re using all purpose flour, you could also use my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe for the chocolate chip cookie base and cookie crumbles, or you can incorporate all-purpose flour right in as shown below in the recipe.
Other tips when baking with Gluten Free:
And I’m guessing you either love chocolate chip desserts or layered desserts, so this has the best of both of those worlds.
This Chocolate Cream Layered Dessert – Layers of Yumminess is a really good dessert to try if you want a classic. 25 Rockin’ Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes (that are Freaking Awesome) for you chocolate chip lovers! There’s something for everyone!
So what’s your favorite pan dessert you love to serve or love to be served when there’s a crowd?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Lasagna Dessert (make it homemade, semi-homemade and gluten-free options available!)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Lasagna Dessert
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer & Chocolate Chip Cookies for Crumbles or a tub of Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup softened butter or coconut oil if using all purpose or gluten free blends use ½ cup softened butter or coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar or swerve brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar or swerve sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cups coconut flour or flour of choice - if using all purpose or gluten free blends use 2 3/4 cups
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cream Cheese Fluff:
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups whipped cream Cool Whip or 1 cup whipping cream--whipped to stiff peaks, with ¼ cup powdered sugar whipped in.
- ½ cup sugar
- Chocolate Pudding:
- 2 small boxes of Chocolate Pudding
- 2 ⅔ cup Almond Milk or 3 cups milk of choice
- Whipped Cream Layer:
- 2 - 3 cups of whipped cream Cool Whip or 1 1/2 cups whipping cream--whipped to stiff peaks, with ¼ cup powdered sugar whipped in.
- Cookie Heaven Layer:
- 8 Chocolate Chip Cookies broke up into large crumbles
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate Ganache Drizzles or you can use Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips for melting
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream oil of choice or butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper and spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars until mixed together well and smooth.
- Add the eggs and continue mixing until mixed together well.
- Gradually add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix in until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Place a little over half of the dough into the 9 x 13 pan and use your fingertips to spread it out to the corners of the pan and level.
- With the remaining cookie doug, use a small ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon and drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, you should get 8 medium sized cookies and flatten with down the cookies just a bit with hands or bottom of a cup slightly so they bake more evenly.
- Place the 9x13 pan of cookie layer in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Place the cookies in the oven at the same time and take out after 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. After cooled, break up the cookies for the top layer.
- After the cookie layer has baked, let it cool completely before adding the creamy layers.
- Cream Cheese Fluff:
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until creamy and fluffy. Fold in 2 cups of the cool whip, using spatula. Spread over the chocolate chip cookie layer evenly.
- Chocolate Pudding:
- In a medium bowl, using mixer, beat milk and instant pudding mix on medium speed, until it thickens- for about 2 minutes. Spread evenly over the cream cheese filling.
- Whipped Cream Layer
- Put the rest of the cool whip over the chocolate layer, spreading out evenly.
- Cookie Heaven Layer:
- To add chocolate ganache drizzles, melt chocolate in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds up to 2 minutes, add in cream, oil or butter if you wish or drizzle as is. You can also use a prepared chocolate fudge sauce.
- Add the crumbled chocolate chip cookies and mini chocolate chips on top of the chocolate drizzles.
- Keep refrigerated overnight or up to 4 hours covered.