I hear it's your birthday!? Woohooo! We're gonna have a good time celebrating with these Birthday Cake Cookies! We loaded these funfetti cookies up with colorful sprinkles and white chocolate chips for a sweet birthday party treat! Above all, these yummy soft, thick and chewy cookies have the vanilla and butter flavors just like birthday cake so they taste like a party for real!
Cookie Baking Tips
Happily, these come together easily and quickly, because you don't have to chill the dough, so you can have a batch or 2 of cookies baked up in about 30 minutes time! It takes 5-10 minutes to make the cookies and the cookies bake for 15 minutes time. However you can chill the dough if you want to make the dough ahead of time. Bake the next day.
These cookies are measured at ¼ cup, so they bake up thick. It is preferred to use a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop size for portioning out the cookies. That way you don't have to roll the dough out with your hands or handle the dough as much. So much easier.
If you do chill the dough, scoop your dough balls out after you make the dough and place them on a baking sheet or storage container until you are ready to bake your cookies.
About The Sprinkles!
For cookies like these, use the little rod-shaped sprinkles or jimmies that you probably see most often, usually in rainbow or chocolate. They hold up the best to being mixed into dough without bleeding and don’t melt in the end result.
You will get 14 large sized cookies in each batch. So, it's easy to whip up a double batch or triple batch easily. Especially, if you are having a larger birthday celebration or party!
These cookies are perfectly balanced in the texture, flavor and thickness because of the ratio of ingredients used. All you need are basic ingredients like flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 egg, unsalted butter, vanilla, baking powder and salt. And we cannot forget the sprinkles and white chocolate chips!
Indeed, cookies made from scratch are the best! Especially when they have sprinkles!! Who wouldn't want to have these as a personal gift to celebrate with their bestie or just because? 🙂
Looking for ways to celebrate your birthday? Check out 35 Adult Birthday Party Ideas to Celebrate Another Year of Life, 30 Places to Go on Your Birthday & Fun Things to Do and 25 Simple Ways to Celebrate Someone’s Birthday!!
Hope you give these party birthday cake cookies a try! Let's party on!
More Birthday Desserts!
- Funfetti Party Cookie Bars
- 'Confetti' Party Blast Cookie Pie
- Super Easy Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Bars (Sugar-free)
- Birthday Confetti Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- GF Healthy Birthday Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars - Vegan Options
- Leftover Candy Cookie Pie
Birthday Cake Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour measure correctly
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sprinkles plus more for tops of cookies if desired.
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and both sugars until fluffy for a couple of minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Add in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Do not over-mix, dough should be wet, yet crumbly looking.
- Scoop dough balls out with ¼ cup cookie scoop.
- Place scooped dough balls on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 2 inches apart for 15 minutes, 6 to 8 cookies per baking sheet. Do not overbake to keep them soft and chewy style. Do not overbake, cookies will continue baking on baking sheet.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then transfer to a baking rack.
- For smaller cookies, use 1.5 or 2 tablespoon cookie scoops and bake for 10-12 minutes.