Special Breakfast Christmas! Christmas Eggnog Cranberry Bread Pudding with Vanilla Rum Sauce is fab-fab-fabulous! I love the bursting flavor of the tartness of the freshly, baked cranberries intertwined in the creamy, eggnog custard bread pudding.
Oh my heavens! This is such a classic old-fashioned bread pudding that you can whip up fast. The hard part, is waiting for it to come out of the oven! The aroma is enough to drive you insane, because it smells like those really, really yummy scented candles, that fakes everyone out when they come into the house. Ugh!!! Such a disappointment, ya know? So, REAL holiday baking rocks!
I freaking love bread pudding. It's so simple, yet so elegant. And, after this rich custard bread pudding is baked, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top or I've also included a Vanilla Rum Sauce that is OMG...takes your bread pudding to the next level. (As if it's not already there?) But yes, sometimes we like to take it to that sky-rocketing level to make an impression, and swoon how good it tastes.
Look how holiday-ish it looks. If cranberries and eggnog together, doesn't scream holidays...I guess I don't know what does...LOL! So, if you make this Christmas Eggnog Cranberry Bread Pudding with Vanilla Rum Sauce for the fam, it will wake them up, because the aroma is quite delightful! 😉
You might really love this Cranberry Mango Sauce if you are looking for more, enticing ways to use fresh cranberries for you Holiday spread. Use it as a appetizer with cream cheese on crackers or on top of your turkey, always a favorite!
Here's the recipe!
Christmas Eggnog Cranberry Bread Pudding with Vanilla Rum Sauce
Eggnog Cranberry Bread Pudding
- 3-½ cups cubed day-old bread or 1 can of Pillsbury Grand Biscuits baked and cut into cubes to fill a 9x9-inch baking dish
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 ½ cups eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
Vanilla Rum Sauce
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla rum or dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray 9x9 pan and fill it with the cubed bread and add cranberries.
- in a bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and eggnog together well.
- Pour eggnog mixture over the bread and cranberries and push bread down to soak in eggnog mixture.
- Let soak for 15 minutes before transferring pan to oven.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- You can sprinkle powdered sugar on top or make some of this...
Vanilla Butter Sauce
- Combine all sauce ingredients except vanilla and rum in 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil (5 to 8 minutes).
- Stir in vanilla and rum.
- To serve, spoon warm bread pudding into individual dessert dishes and serve with sauce.
- Store refrigerated.
Love brunchin'? You might like these for those special family occasions!